Favourite food/drinks

Food: Indian and nepalese cuisine (as hot as possible) are my current favorites, Italian food is a long time favorite (although I'm on diet now, so pasta/pizza is a big no-no). Sandwiches, barbecue, läskisoossi ("fat sauce", traditional finnish sauce), karelian pastries. Probably the best meal I've ever had was last year in Marseille. Chateaubriand steak with bearnaise, some weird but delicious potato-things, decent red wine and pistachio-ice cream for dessert. I don't really care for french food otherwise, but that was excellent.

Drinks: water, milk, single malt whisky, good red wine, gin & tonic... but especially beer. Good, real beer, that's crafted with respect for the drink.

(Cinnamon is really good, I put it in my viili with sugar. Some people seem to think that's wrong and heretic. :) )

homemade pumpkin soup is delicious :)

Only cleaning/peeling and cutting the vegetables is annoying to do, especially when you manage to cut yourself with a freshly sharpened and huge knife

what's the recipe?

Well... sure. It's very basic sauce really. Just to note that although it's pretty easy, it takes a while to make and for the first timer the taste might not be worth the effort. And it should be obvious that it's not the most healthy food you could imagine. :)

So... in the UM kitchen tonight:
1. Fry some diced onion in butter, take them off the pan and let them wait.
2. Take side cuts of pork, thin strips, but thicker than bacon. 400-600g. Fry them until slightly crispy, take off the pan and let them wait.
3. There should be plenty of fat in the pan now, if there isn't, add some butter. Then add (rye or wheat) flour about 1 dl, and stir it until it's brown (don't burn it).
4. Add (liter or so) water or stock. Mix with the flour and boil into a sauce.
5. Add the meat and onions back in. Salt and pepper.
6. Set the heat to lowest possible and let it sit for at least an hour, preferably two (or even more). Stir every now and then.
7. Eat with mashed potatoes and drink milk. :)
(IMO it gets even better when it's refrigerated overnight and then warmed up again)

Well... sure. It's very basic sauce really. Just to note that although it's pretty easy, it takes a while to make and for the first timer the taste might not be worth the effort. And it should be obvious that it's not the most healthy food you could imagine. :)

So... in the UM kitchen tonight:
1. Fry some diced onion in butter, take them off the pan and let them wait.
2. Take side cuts of pork, thin strips, but thicker than bacon. 400-600g. Fry them until slightly crispy, take off the pan and let them wait.
3. There should be plenty of fat in the pan now, if there isn't, add some butter. Then add (rye or wheat) flour about 1 dl, and stir it until it's brown (don't burn it).
4. Add (liter or so) water or stock. Mix with the flour and boil into a sauce.
5. Add the meat and onions back in. Salt and pepper.
6. Set the heat to lowest possible and let it sit for at least an hour, preferably two (or even more). Stir every now and then.
7. Eat with mashed potatoes and drink milk. :)
(IMO it gets even better when it's refrigerated overnight and then warmed up again)

I am getting hungry now. I will try that in the near future :headbang: (+ 20 kg, as i always say when i cook that kind of greasy food)