favourite quotes

O man I love the simpsons, let's see if I can think of some more.. Any of the quotes I list may not be word for word since I'm saying them from memory:

After Milhouse and Nelson roll their fruits down the bus and say "Go Apple" "Go Orange" Ralph puts a bannana on the ground and says "Go bannana!"

On a moon simulation type thing Ralph walks up to Bart and says "I found a moonrock in my nose and ated it"

Homer is thanking god for his new job and says "God, I thank you for giving me this great job and all I ask of you is for you to freeze everything how it is right now, if you agree give no sign. I have also made an offering of cookies and milk for you, if you would like me to eat them for you, give no sign"

Lisa has made a business deal with Mr. Burns and is earning 5% of all the money he makes, Homer asks Bart while he slouches on the couch watching TV "Hey Bart why aren't you making any big business deals" Bart replies in a long whiny voice "I'll do it this afternooonn"

"Save me Jeebus!" -Homer

Superindendent Chalmers walks into the computer room and Ralph says "Hi supernintendo chalmers"

A sign for Lionel Huts office "I can't believe it's a law firm!"

OMG This has nothing to do with quotes but it's pissing me off... On this show a lady writes in asking "I give 10 percent to my church for donation, they also say I should give an offering, what should I give?" He replies "All of money is god's money in the first place (Money these people probably worked their asses off for) Give generously to God, rather then asking what should I give you should ask what should I get to keep for myself? That really annoys me because that money doesn't go to help starving kids it goes to pay the church's air conditioning bill and the minister's salary.

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon than the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

Thomas Paine (1737-1809), Anglo-American political theorist, writer. The Age of Reason, pt. 1, "Examination of the Old Testament" (1794).

I dunno is anyone said this one yet, it's my favourite sacreligious simpson's quote (there are so many to choose from, hehe).

Superintendent Chalmers says to Principle Skinner:
"What's that? A prayer!? Prayers have no place in public school just like facts have no place in an organized religion."

heheh,

evil incarnate,

Satori

May favorite too Satori, although I did already say it :) I found some more great ones, these are predictions about the present basically... they were said long ago and they were predicting the future (which is now our past or present)

"Heavier than air flying machines are not possible."
Lord Kelvin, 1895

"Airplanes have no military value."
Professor Marshal Fock, 1912

"I think there is a world marker for maybe five computers."
IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
-Popular Mechanics, 1949

"640,000" bytes of memory ought to be enough for anybody."
Bill Gates, 1981

"The internet will catastrophically collapse in 1996"
Rober Metcalfe

"Life is the best drug there is - but who is dealing it?" - a former drug-addict friend of mine mocking a Finnish anti-drug-campaign.

"Base not your joys upon the deeds of others, for what has been given can be taken away. No hope = no fear." - Peter Steele

"I had something else in my mind, but I forgot it." - myself, far too often.

-Villain

Originally posted by Oyo
That really annoys me because that money doesn't go to help starving kids it goes to pay the church's air conditioning bill and the minister's salary.

In some cases it goes to settling lawsuits and paying for the abortions of pregnant nuns fathered by priests. Just thought I'd add to the sacreliege, haha.

Satori

Wow, I hardly found this thread. I was reading yesterday and found these kick ass quotes on an ad and review for a compilation called Funeral Songs.

Death is as sure for that which is born,
As birth is for that which is dead.
Therefore, grieve not for what is inevitable.

-Bhagauad Gita

It is strange that death should sing,
I am the cygnet to this pale faint swan,
Who chants a doleful hymn to his own death,
And from the organ-pipe of frailty sings,
His soul and body to their lasting rest.

-Shakespeare

Lynn

Relics of the moon-dogged lake.

"They say it's the last song
They don't know us, you see
It's only the last song
If we let it be"
-Dancer in the Dark

it's a love it/hate it movie.
I subscribe to the former.

Wenn ist das Nunstuck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput! - Monty Python

Yes, this is it - the most deadly weapon in the world. A joke so fun it makes people laugh themselves to death. Of course the "joke" is just nonsense, some made up german. But the sketch where it appears is super!

Winston Churchill vs Female dignitary:

Winston: You're ugly
Dignitary:And you're drunk
Winston:True, But I'll be sober come morning

That ACTUAL conversation always makes me laugh..........

"Time to clean my shotgun"- Kurt Cobain
"What a splendid night for a play"- Abe Lincoln
"Just one more pint"- Bon Scott
"No worries, it's just a short flight"- Buddy Holly

hehehe.....