Favourite shows of the weekend

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
Surprised no one had started this thread already :)

OK, here we go

1 - Leprous (Can't get enough of these guys)
2 - Darkwater
3 - Love de Vice
4 - Myrath

All these four bands were awesome!

Coolest outfit award: Sacrum.... but WHAT THE HELL did your photographer do on stage ALL THE SET? Completly destroyed the show for me.

1 - Xerath! -most intense show and very good interaction with the crowd! (and the singer bought me some beer :p)
2 - Leprous
3 - Myrath
4 - Jon Oliva’s Pain (I was surprised by the fact that I quite liked it, and best bass player of the weekend!)

I didn't know many bands going in to the weekend and was delighted to find so many great vocalists and keyboard parts. Keyboard being my weakness :) In no particular order:

Leprous (these were the biggest surprise of my weekend)
Myrath (will be using this music for belly dance class ;))
Sacrum (I think I saw that outfit for sale in the RockBand Store...)
Haken (10 minutes to play one last song is so prog)

In order of neckbreaking awesomeness:
Leprous
Xerath
Haken
"The Dutch Collection" (more of a listening than neckbreaking kinda band)
Day Six (same)

Winner in the category of "I'd never thought I'd see the day":
Shadow Gallery, live but with bad sound, still extremely awesome

-Xerath: I found the billing this year a tad weak in the metal-department, but these guys really made up for it. Awesome band, awesome frontman.
-JOP: So many songs I've been wanting to see live for years.
-Leprous: These guys are so talented, I have high hopes for their future.
-Myrath: I was surprised at how good they were live. Combined with a drunk singer and a keyboardist who looked like he was on acid, awesome band.
-Haken: Even though the vocalist was off-key a lot, I did like their music a lot.

I really was looking forward to see them (again) and they had a great setlist but some idiots ruinid it a little bit for me. First a fight in the audience, then a beerthrower... Shame on then!

I really was looking forward to see them (again) and they had a great setlist but some idiots ruinid it a little bit for me. First a fight in the audience, then a beerthrower... Shame on then!

Seriously? I missed the fight, but I was on the balcony. I did hear about the really drunk guy harassing women, guessing he got into a fight?

@ vengeful

Yes i think it was this guy. It was the first time in eleven years progpower in Baarlo there was a little fight. The guy was thrown out by crewmembers.:wave:

Wow, this year was bad for idiots. I didn't see guys fight, but there was a female who was getting in the faces of people trying to watch. She was so drunk she was either dancing or trying to pick a fight, ha! The guys involved dealt with her firmly, but as politely as possible (well done guys, your handling of the situation was noted and applauded).

The guy was thrown out by crewmembers.

Where he started 'harrassing' people who were not interested in him when he tried his pick-up line (although it has become one of my favorite quotes from the weekend) "What do you think of our government?"

Yet the conversation he tried to start ended in "We're not interested in talking to you", to which he replied "I see that you are interested" "No we're not" and somehow it didn't really get through to him.

In the end we moved back inside, as it was clear that he was not going to go away on his own will..

In any way, it's one of the memories that will stick and will start "You know back then" conversations in the upcoming years :)

Cheers

Chris.

@ vengeful

Yes i think it was this guy. It was the first time in eleven years progpower in Baarlo there was a little fight. The guy was thrown out by crewmembers.:wave:

Good job, crew!

This is NOT what PPeu is about (also the 'joke' with wheelchair, see another post) .
getting drunk ok, but don't harass people.....
I think we met this d.ghead outside: indeed with some questions like "what did you vote" etc. We did ignore him and at last he went away....

But a side from this: it was a great weekend, with great music (again).
My favorites this weekend:

-Klone
-Leprous
-Sactum (the photographer on stage was really annoying)
-Oceans of Sadness (great performance!)
-Myrath
-J.O.P.

Yes in order to come back on the topic.
Best performances for me were (in no particular order)
- Haken
- Myrath
- Sacrum
- Shadow Gallery
- Day Six
- The Dust Connection

Unfortunately I missed the first day, and it seems I have to check out Leprous to see what the fuss is all about..

Cheers,

Chris.

in no particular order:
-Leprous
-Haken
-Shadow Gallery
-Day Six
-Proghma-C

And a big thank you to you guys from the staff who step in when an idiot ist trying to make it a bad night for us!

First a fight in the audience, then a beerthrower... Shame on then!

Ye, I was standing next to that 'fight', which was generally a 'put in place' by someone. Apparently some annoying dude was harassing people in the crowd, including someone's wife. And after he got talked to by the husband of said wife he started to act up and start to get really annoying with pushing and trying to shove said husband aside. Who, quite deservedly imo, pulled said annoying guy away and smashed him into the wall and to the ground.

Couldn't agree more with you guys about the 'wheel chair 'joke' ' and this harassment dispute. These are things that PP is not about, just come along, enjoy some music and beer and keep things to yourselves (your sadistic 'humor' and hands in particular). Oh and don't go wasting beer to the stage either.

Anyway, my personal top 5:
1 - Leprous (didn't know them but got happily surprised!)
2 - Myrath (one of the bands I came to see, and came through beautifully)
3 - Xerath (raw power how it should be)
4 - Jon Oliva's Pain (knew some Savatage before, and liked every minute of it)
5 - Oceans of Sadness (known only by name, awesome show)

Coming back in 2011!