• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VilenesS

hvis lyset tar oss
Sep 18, 2002
spielberg / austria
silence.at
hope we haven't got this topic here already ... :Spin:

well, yesterday i just sat back and listened to the whole album without a break, and i think it's really hard to pick some favourite tracks ... imo the album is one of hypocrisy's well-balanced ones!

i like hatred very much, because the riffs are quite heavy and make you bang your head, while the keyboards add the typical hypocrisy-flair, which is just amazing!

seeds of the chosen one seems to be one of hypocrisy's most melodic songs with cool twin-guitar hooklines, once this song got in my ear is won't ever come out again, argh

on the edge of madness is like a stand-out track because of the piano, but it adds a new facet to hypocrisy's already dynamic sound

all in all there's absolutely no bad track on the album, but if i had to pick on, it probably would be destroyed ... but not because it's bad, i just like the other songs more :D

I´d say my favourite is On the Edge of Madness.
It just hit me the first time I heard the whole record. Catchy, has meaning to me (words).. don´t shoot me, don´t really know what to say.
Hatred is the 2nd best. And I like Destroyed. A gig-song :)

I voted for Destroyed.
On the edge of madness, A public puppet, Uncontrolled, Another dead end and Seeds of the chosen one also fucking Rock!
I also like the other songs - the whole album is great, but in this thread a choice must be made! :Spin:

Seeds of the chosen one and Hatred are my favorites from Catch 22. Seeds of the Chosen one reminded me more of the s/t album, and the middle portion of Hatred is great, even the simple guitar solo has a lot of power behind it.

Uncontrolled would be up there but the lyrics are a little too comical for my taste, even though they may not have been meant to come off that way.

Definately All Turns Black-Classic, slow, depressing ending track for a hypocrisy album!! better than deathrow IMO as the closing track.

"I can see the future, and it all turns black!"

cheers
Eric