Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Requiem

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The Apostle In Triumph

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Itay
what's your fav?

i can't decide between "In mist..." and "The Twilight"...

Itay, my sentiments exactly! :D

But I give my vote to mist, simply because it's the more epic of the two.

btw, orchid in my hiearchy of Opeth:

1)Orchid
2)Blackwater
3)Morningrise
4)Still Life
5)MAYH

Freaking strange! just last week the order could have been reversed. It's always changing, in fact. It's a shame some people haven't yet seen the light in BP and O, as these two tend to be the least voted for in the album polls.

I agree with...

Italy
Duvall
Winter
Demon

:D I love all 5 of those songs. I can add Requiem myself though. When they start jammin' out in that song...damn. Make me want to get up and join them. (yeah, right)

I've been testing the theory that Opeth songs can be listened to over and over and you almost can't get used to/tired of them. I know that Morningrise is probably the only album that I can't playback in my head automatically...so to me that says I don't know it that well and I want to.

I still like Orchid more than it right now though. Orchid is sweet.

Lynn

August: Morningrise :)

"Mist". Amazing beginning, outstanding ending and nothing wrong with the parts in between either! ;) I also feel it is the most cohesive of the songs on Orchid. It doesn't meander so wildly as a few others, but that's just a matter of opinion I guess.

It has to be Apostle for me.

That was the song (well, the first 30 seconds or so..) that prompted me to try and track down the band and get 'em signed to the label. No one knew who they were at the time.

The song was a rehearsal track on a compilation cassette that Samoth made for me. It made up the last seconds of side B before the tape ran out. He could only tell me that Jonas from katatonia sent it too him, and he had no other info.

I then sent out flyers and messages to everyone I knew in Sweden before I finally got a call from Mikeal about 2 months later. It's weird, but even though I'd heard less than a minute of a track, I was instantly hooked. Tracking the band down almost became an obsession, but I'm really glad I got there in the end.

By the way, since the contracts are now signed, I can announce that the first signing to my new label Elitist will be Italy's Ephel Duath. They play a maddening and complex style of Black Metal, with excellent musicianship and great programming. Fans of Arcturus, or even bands like Dillinger Escape Plan should dig 'em.

Check out a track at: http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/654/654854.html

Lee B

I chose "In Mist She Was Standing" because it holds special meaning for me as it was the first Opeth song I heard. Really though, they are all fairly equal to me. Each one has certain parts that strike a chord with me and set them apart from the rest.

Itay,

I like you already. Those are the two best songs hand down.
Mist.

In Mist She Was Standing! :D

And I waited for this poll a long time, was too lazy to create one myself ;)

I would like to know how Silhouette has more votes than Under The Weeping Moon and as many as Forest...another strange statistic is that there are three posts supporting Apostle and only one backing up a Twilight vote, yet the numbers speak otherwise...

Originally posted by Demonspell
I would like to know how Silhouette has more votes than Under The Weeping Moon and as many as Forest...

I wondered the same.

Originally posted by winter-frost
I guess I stand alone with Under the Weeping Moon

It's a good song, not the best IMO.

1) Mist
2) Twilight
3) Forrest
4) Weeping
5) Apostle
6) Silhoutte
7) Requiem