Fear Factory- Archetype

Edgecrusher

God To The Godless
Nov 3, 2002
Cincinnati
www.cd-tracker.com
Look for the new Fear Factory album to be released sometime in April. Christian reports that he recorded both guitar and bass parts for the album, but SYL bassist Byron Stroud will be filling in on the upcoming tour.

Tracklist:

‘Slave Labor’
‘Cyberwaste’
‘Act Of God’
‘Default Judgement’
‘Corporate Cloning’
‘Archetype’
‘Drones’
‘Bite The Hand That Bleeds...’
‘Bonescraper’
‘Undercurrent’
‘Human Shields’
‘Ascencion’ (outro)
Bonus track - ‘School’ (NIRVANA cover)

I can't wait man.....apparently Dino's departure was....'engineered' so that the rest of FF could go back to their older sound as opposed to the more mainstream leanings of Digimortal.....so...yeah, hopefully it'll kick ass.

The Nirvana cover makes me more than just a little suspicious though.... :err:

[ed] I love the album and track names.

I used to love Fear Factory...Demanufacture is one of my most treasured albums..it really opened the doors for me to the world of metal. Soul of a New Machine was great too. Digimortal was a HUGE disappointment though. The rap song allowed me to totally give up on FF as a whole...I hope this new one will really be a come back..

Yeah, the low points on Digimortal really make the whole thing feel like a slump, but to be honest, there's still some awesome material on it; Hurt Conveyor, Damaged, Strain Vs Resistance, Byte Block, Linchpin........ yeah, they're not quite as epic as anything from Demanufacture, but they're still pretty intense, and the electronics are as harsh and cold as ever.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. =) Its quite a contrast considering Wolbers' statements declaring it to be a return to older form, and of Herrera's drumming being more intense than Demanufacture's.....

In what way at all does even a heavy rendition of a Nirvana song fit onto an album like this is said to be????

Beats me!!!

SculptedCold said:
Yeah, the low points on Digimortal really make the whole thing feel like a slump, but to be honest, there's still some awesome material on it; Hurt Conveyor, Damaged, Strain Vs Resistance, Byte Block, Linchpin...
I thought I was the only one that thought that. 'Tis a shame the 5 or 6 good songs couldn't make the album worth while.

I liked Digimortal too, a lot better than Obsolete. Demanufacture was the best, though.

I like the new track and album names. Maybe it's a concept album like O and ends with a cover song for fun? I hope it's good...Machine Head made a comeback to end all comebacks. Maybe FF can too.