Fear Factory, Hypocrisy and Decapitated @ The Oakland Metro 10.27.06

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
I just got back from the show and i figured i'd write a little review thing since its the start of the tour. decapitated went on first and personally i don't like the new vocalist but they played well except most of the songs really don't sound that full because theres only one guitar so it sounds a little thin and the songs off the new album don't sound anywhere near as heavy and just don't work. the setlist i don't remember 100% but heres what i do remember

Poem About An Old Prison Man
Day 69
Three Dimensional Defect
Mother War
Lying and Weak
Post Organic

after that hypocrisy went on and it was insane how much the crowd was into it, the place just exploded. the sound was great and they played well. the setlist once again i can't remember 100% but the songs i remember were

Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Eraser
Osculum Obscenum
Roswell 47
The Final Chapter
Warpath
Let The Knife Do The Talking

suffocation had to cancel some dates on the tour i think so they couldn't play at the show unfortunately =/

after a while fear factory took the stage and the sound was ridiculously fucking loud and heavy but good and pretty clear except for a few vocal microphone problems they were having. the set i don't remember as much and i had to leave about 30 minutes before they finished but it was still awesome. the songs i remember were

Martyr
Leechmaster
Scapegoat
Shock
Edgecrusher
Demanufacture
540,000 degrees
Moment Of Impact
Transgression
Slave Labor
and then i had to leave so i probably missed more songs off demanufacture and a couple off archetype =/

even though there was no suffocation which really bummed me out and that i had to leave early it was an awesome and fun show, if decapitated would play less new stuff it would be even better though in my opinion.

Did Peter do that power metal kind of scream at the beginning of Fractured Millenium? He didn't do it on the live versions I've heard of it.
I didn't know the song when I saw Hypocrisy 3 years ago, so I don't remember if they even played that or not.

Im going to this show on November 7 in Fayettville NC. Im really into FF wich is weird to me cause bands like that are normaly not my style. SOme people call them nu-metal but i just call them industiral thrash.

Bradley