Fear Factory The Industrialist Tone

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Dino has stated that he used the Pod HD for all guitars on that album direct in. I was wondering what you guys thought of the tone and if anyone has gotten anything similar sounding on the unit. I own a Pod HD500 and I've been messing around lately trying to get a Fear Factory esque tone. Also, I was wondering what you guys think of the Pod HD. Pod Farm seems to get a lot of use on this forum but I haven't heard too much talk about the Pod HD on here.

sorry I didn't mean to post this in this sub forum although I guess it fits here as well..

Dino is endorsed by that company,so he will definitely state that for obvious marketing reasons,like so many other artists.
Sounds like a dual rectifier with a rectified cabinet to me.
Pod's are useful for preproduction etc,but for an official album release,no way for me at least

Dino's been using Line 6 stuff for years. Infact I think he had a modded JCM800 that was used up until Demanufature, then it got stollen, and then I think he started using Line 6 stuff.
I saw them recently in the UK and his guitar tone was pretty bad. All high end digital nastiness.

Cant speak to Dino or the newer FF tones, but Ive had my hd500 now for about 6 months. I havent used it on a proper recording yet but I think its more than satisfactory in that context. I was actually hedging on upgrading my old boss multi-fx unit when I heard a clip on this forum that was all stock Pod HD sounds and that swayed me to purchase.

My guess is that most people still using pod farm are doing so out of convenience and for "on the fly" tone shaping you can achieve. The delays in there are really pretty special too. Being that its all in the box I think its easy to throw on your di's and be done with it and it really doesnt sound bad.

My thoughts are that your not going to find a ton of pro audio/mix engineer people anymore who are going to Woohoo! and beat off over the virtues of the POD line, the days of the POD xt preset sharing threads on this forum are over, but the tools are still completely valid and can sound awesome if you want to work with them. If you post raw clips of a pod and compare it to the real amp its modeling people can hear it and will shit all over it dutifully. If you seat a pod tone in the mix of a good song I dont think anyone who is listening to music for enjoyment will know or give two shits.

Saw FF on London/Camden on the Industrialist tour.
It was a mesa dual rectifier,definitely a boost to tight the low end on low tunings(Especially with the 8-string..).
The industrialist has a killer tone.
My favorite FF tones are on Digimortal and Obsolete though.
I think that Digimortal might be a peavey,Obsolete is the modded Marshall of Dino

There is an interview about the gear he used for that record , he goes on detail even on the patch . It was a dual cab setup, thats what i remember. I can't find the link to it .