FECK! To Live Is To Die is a great song!

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
Man i was going through my old metallica albums and i forgot how cool they are! particularly To Live Is To Die around 4:25 you know Metallica could come up with some really awesome melancholic stuff as well, and that song is proof. so yeah i am reliving my... well... being 12 :)

yeah it prolly will suck.. but how fucking cool would it be if they got their shit together and released something that naturally *should've* came after Jusice... Man i just crapped my pants i got so excited there. I mean they were getting better and better up to the black album... then they fucked the dog on THAT one... Then they were never the same...

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
yeah it prolly will suck.. but how fucking cool would it be if they got their shit together and released something that naturally *should've* came after Jusice... Man i just crapped my pants i got so excited there. I mean they were getting better and better up to the black album... then they fucked the dog on THAT one... Then they were never the same...

two words.................bob rock.:mad:

Originally posted by slingblade
cliff is waiting for them..........and i assure you he's not happy.

I just wanted to say that I thought that was really cool. I wish I could think of profound things to say...

And I never really liked To Live is to Die that much... give me Orion any day.

...And justice for all is one of my favourite albums of all time. I love that middle acoustic section that sounds like it's being played through a transistor radio or something.

I HATE kirk hammet's solo on that song tho. It's terrible, it paves the way for 'black'.

I think Hetfiled plays the other solo (over the soft bit), but either way, that solo is great, it has alot of feel to it.

Originally posted by TrevJ

I just wanted to say that I thought that was really cool. I wish I could think of profound things to say...

And I never really liked To Live is to Die that much... give me Orion any day.

dude, somewhere in the back of this void i call a brain, that has been burning for years!:mad:

Originally posted by Trapped
...And justice for all is one of my favourite albums of all time. I love that middle acoustic section that sounds like it's being played through a transistor radio or something.

I HATE kirk hammet's solo on that song tho. It's terrible, it paves the way for 'black'.

I think Hetfiled plays the other solo (over the soft bit), but either way, that solo is great, it has alot of feel to it.

Trapped, i couldn't agree more! Hammet's solo sucks on that song, but the second one is awesome. I took out the solo in mine, and about 2 minutes of other stuff... took the song down to about 6:48 from 10 minutes or whatever the original is. It is MUCH better now... hey that makes me wonder... any of you guys use Audio Galaxy? We should start a group there and share stuff like this when we do it. I have A LOT of edited songs that i made to be what i think anyway are better than the originals. I would like you guys to hear this version of To Live Is To Die but i can't upload it anywhere and the next best way i can think of is to send it out on AG.

lol god this song is really good (espicially the light part) but lars is just so dumb and it sounds like shit with his drumming. Great song but it would of been better with lars.

I mean they were getting better and better up to the black album... then they fucked the dog on THAT one... Then they were never the same...
This is the first time ive ever tried to situate myself prior to Black, and the first time i can really see how disappoitned so many people would be, even though i still like Black album. I just entered the metallica craze after Black album so i just accepted it as what is, and didnt consider what couldve been.

But with their limited musicianship i think they pretty much achieved everything they could. Justice was their limit progmetal-wise imo. To be any better they wouldve had to have a better drummer, a guitarist with a bigger range of influences, and at least 1 creative genius (which was cliff i guess?!). I cant see how they couldve done any better than they did do with their members.

And in no way do i hate them for changing music styles because they're allowed to do whatever the fuck they want.

yeah i guess they knew they couldn't do that style any better. But still, even if they continued to release 1 or 2 more albums like that, even if only as good as Ride or Kill 'Em All i would have been happier. I do like Load though, it's kinda catchy and fun, but there's almost none of that sweet sweet thrash element! And what happened to the guitar harmonies? The best songs as far as harmonized guitar stuff was Bleeding Me, Unforgiven II (why did they name it that? so ghey), and Until It Sleeps. Those songs had some kinda cool harmonized thingies in them, but still nothing like the old stuff. Aw well, best not to dwell on it. But i do think James is a pretty brilliant guy (if he's the one who wrote most of the rhythm parts that is... those were AMAZING!)

Odd, I'm listening to this track right now.. Not sure why I decided to spin this CD today, I haven't heard it in a long time. For some reason I've always felt like listening to Metallica on sundays...