Die hard Opethians?

Originally posted by Hearse
I dont know all the lyrics, and never will, cause I never read the lyrics. Still I know all the notes, music and emotions... and been Diehard fan since they released Orchid... I've been eating little children from ever since, and I always enjoy the meat of virgings... so yes, I guess I am a diehard fan... :D

ps. I also got the highest Orchid/morningrise listens in here... atleast none yet beated them... maybe redblueyes could, but...naah... she couldn't ;) :p

Sure, think that....Sucka! heh heh heh :Shedevil:

Actually I do know the lyrics, except when necessary. :lol:

Mikael grilled me for a lyric line one night, I'd just gotten there and I couldn't think straight yet. I bombed miserably. Failed the test. ha ha. Imagine a completely blank look and "uuuuhhhhhh uhhhh" I dunno.

(how embarrassing, right!) :D

I've usually considered die-hard to be like... fly overseas to see and support the band whenever there's a show. To go completely out of your way to be supportive.

From what I've read here though, I'd say I qualify. ;) Mainly because of how the music makes me feel... beyond words. Secondly because of the dedication in listening time. Lyric knowledge is a must for me... knowing full well that Mikael barely puts an ounce of effort into them. Third, Opeth was the doorman to a new and refreshing way of seeing things, and I'm forever grateful. Fourth, I can't for the life of me walk away from an Opeth vs. ??? discussion or without recommending them to a music fan.

HEARSE! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU LISTEN TO AN ALBUM 2,000 TIMES AND NOT KNOW THE WORDS. <smack!> :lol:

I'm absolutely a die-hard Opethian. I've only been endowed to the world of underground metal for a little bit over a year, but in that time, I've been constantly searching for moving music.

The first time I heard Blackwater Park (my first Opeth album) I knew that this was great music. The second time, I was hookeed.

Listening to Opeth is a moving experience for me in a way that no other music I've ever heard has been. Every note, lyric, and crescendo is simply perfect, and I simply love everything about the band. Akerfeldt is my musical God, and I know this will be a band I listen to for the rest of my life.

Sorry Thorns haven't checked this thread in awhile!

But anyway no I have not ever gone to the mikeportnoy.com forum except for like five times.. I have been lurking at the dreamtheater.net forum though for almost two years.

Brandon

Die hard fan? Yes! Thanks to OPETH (and ANATHEMA and MDB), I listen to music differently....For example, when I first got into OPETH (their first couple of albums), when I would hear their new albums, I would have some kind of expectation based on what the previous album was like....if it wasn't reminescent of the prior release then I wouldn't like it immediately because I was expecting to hear....I dunno....the same songs rewritten, I guess....but I've learned to just listen to the music and if it makes me feel good, then that's what I consider good music.
Plus I have all of their releases on multiple formats (except for Still Life...only on CD), and I've travelled across the country a couple of times to see them play (most definitely not to the extent of redblueyes though (but if I had the money and the time, I would do it))....
And I've listened to MAYH countless times.....for a period of about 6 months, I listened to that album at least twice a day.....I couldn't get enough of it....it's definitely my favorite OPETH album....

Hearse
I listen the vocals how they are singed, what are the emotions attached into them, and so. Lyrics means nothing to me, they are just words, to me.

Psst! You didn't have to answer. I thought you said you liked being smacked around by women. :lol:

...calling me a poser ah? No, but if you want me to. Is that what you like? kinky bastard..

Yes, seeing what has been written here, I can see there are more die hards then I thought there would be!
Oh so fresh.

Rock ooooooon :headbang:

\m/

The first Opeth album I heard was Still Life, I got right into that one, then BWP came out, and I straight away grabbed that. I then found out they had more earlier releases, so then I picked up Orchid, MAYH and then finally M. I can't stop listening to either of them!!!

:)