Calling all Opethians..I need your help!

Yous should definetly just play one song. Stopping and jumping from track to track wont do the music justice. When I played Opeth to my dad I played him Harlequin Forest all the way on quality speakers load and that was powerfull.

He also will except videos so i've considered lamentations but then thats an even limited selection to choose from and plus i dont think them playing naturally(although amazing) is as good as the produced record versions

I think those would be pretty good choices. You can't go wrong with melodic stuff.

But I'd still change Hours Of Wealth to something else... Closure or some metal song...

Thing is that you'll probably end up more pissed off after the whole thing. As soon as they hear the growling, they will actually start laughing. Yes, laughing, including the teacher. So it won't work anyway. You wont convince them and you'll only be angrier. I'd suggest something lile Porcupine Tree or at least the mellow stuff of Opeth.

Thing is that you'll probably end up more pissed off after the whole thing. As soon as they hear the growling, they will actually start laughing. Yes, laughing, including the teacher. So it won't work anyway. You wont convince them and you'll only be angrier. I'd suggest something lile Porcupine Tree or at least the mellow stuff of Opeth.

Well, he is considering pretty mellow stuff, isn't he? Besides, if I got the chance of making a presenation for some class, I'd choose a band they would surely hate on purpose. Just to piss them off. Like... play Opeth - When REAL LOUD.

Yeah, I'm an asshole... And I like it.

Go with some acoustic or at least more mellow Opeth. Your teacher will immediately close his mind to Opeth if he hears loud growling head banging riffs. My dad is the same way. Ending Credits is an earworm with beautiful carrying riffs. I think it's a must. I'm an Opeth lover and a guitarist, and I think that these songs would leave Opeth's permanent stain on your teacher.

Benighted
Face of Melinda
Patterns in the IvyII
Ending Credits
Epilogue

I think you should play two/three of Opeth's lighter songs, at least one being acoustic/mostly acoustic. Some people get bored with long songs, even if they have a lot of dynamic change, and some people can't stand screams. You don't want Opeth to come off as a pure-pussy-music band though ( even though their pussy music side rocks ).

I suggest Face of Melinda + Patterns in the Ivy part 1

or

Windowpane + patterns in the Ivy part 1

Or combine a bunch of their short instrumental songs

But if you just want one good song, I suggest THE DRAPERY FALLS ( do the solo's, and for the intro do the rhythm but do the lead for the outro ).

i'd say the drapery falls if you only play one song, cause it how's opeth's experimentation and their ventures through soft and heavy sounds leading up to the growling vox at the perfect timing. with the way that song is written, it actually has the ability to give a person a respect for death metal vox.

I'd show off the live version on lamentations though.