Die hard Opethians?

Dvoters

There is a rain falling
Feb 24, 2002
Canterbury, UK
www.morphusmachine.cjb.net
Well, would some of you class yourselves as 'Die Hard Opeth Fans'?? I do :D

And if so, why? Is it simply because you know all the words to every song, have all albums, you live and breathe Opeth? What is it eh?

I respect Opeth for their lovely and so original style of music. I think I am a die hard Opethian just simply because I listen to them. That might sound bit weird :p But you should get what I am trying to say if you are on the same wavelength as I.

\m/

I am a die-hard Opeth fan because they make music that has touched me like no other band except for Dream Theater (A VERY different way).. and Pain of Salvation (A similar way..)... I am on a constant search for music that can touch me that way..

Brandon

of course I consider myself a die-hard Opeth fan! why?

1) I bought the entire orchid flower stock in my local store
2) I recently deceided to have a moustache
3) I will name my future daughter Melinda
4) I sabotage the local amusement park to make it look like the cover on Blackwater Park
5) I lent my candidature in a space research program in order to prove the the existance of a lunar city
6) I always talk to my friend with both death voice and clean voice

I'm too new in Opeth's music to consider myself die hard.. but they're such an incredible influence in my music and way of thinking already... they're incredible.. and some day.. I'll know my way around Opeth land...

Ya I think I am. I listen to opeth like onefootblaster everyday. When blackwater park came out, I kept it in my cd player in my car for a year. I remember taking it out a few times every now and then but it always went back in after some other lame crap. I think I'm ganna do one of my speeches in speech class on Opeth. I think they deserve it haha

@changso

:lol: :lol:

Argh, I still need an original copy of MAYH and listen to it every day until I know all the songs by heart to become a die hard Opeth Fan... :s :ill:

I told someone I know to name their kid Mikael.
Opeth's music touches me in a way no other music does. I learn everything I can about the band, and just about buy everything I can. But I guess being a "die-hard" fan isn't too big of a deal to me, the music just touches me.

Originally posted by Autumn Falls
I am a die-hard Opeth fan because they make music that has touched me like no other band except for Dream Theater (A VERY different way).. and Pain of Salvation (A similar way..)... I am on a constant search for music that can touch me that way..

Brandon

I feel the same way about PoS, Opeth and Dream Theater plus I would add Nevermore into the mix.

I'd say I'm close to, if not die-hard. I listen to them almost everyday, their music has had the greatest effect upon me. I also now own all the albums on vinyl, thanks to Still Life being released, I just picked it up yesterday.

I am a die hard opeth fan therfore I am.
Yeah I love every single note, sound, lyric, album, colour, song and whatever else they have to offer.
;)

I think OPETH are awesome but I don´t consider myself a die hard fan of theirs. I will always check out and most likely enjoy new material from them. I don´t know any lyrics and don´t listen to them as often as most posters here. I´m a die hard SKYCLAD, OVERKILL and MANILLA ROAD fan though...

Add me to that list........

I don't think I need to explain why I'm a die hard fan... I just know and feel that I am one.......

Though I simply chose to interpret 'die hard' as being one of the bands biggest fans, not just a casual listner...... as a literal interpretation of 'die hard' only carries bad connotations....

Well consider this...

I've bought every album since Morningrise on the first day of its release.

Yes, I guess I don't mind Opeth...