What Are Opethians Really Like?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am:

For the most part a very nice person. I get along with most everybody and I tend to be on the liberal side. I love animals. mainly snakes. I have 34 of the little buggers. All kinds and sizes. They are my only true hobby and I love them to death. I love music as well. I like to sing quite a bit and I am quite prolific at the King diamond style of vocals. My favorite bands include Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, Dream Theater, Genesis, Rush, The Gathering and of course Opeth.

One more thing. I have a girlfriend who is also my best friend and I love her with all of my heart. I woul die for her.

A far cry from the corpse eating church burning stereotype that I get pigeon holed into b/c of my musical tastes.

it was realized some time ago that men will not last forever.
the stones upon which we walk will see us turn to dust, and our lives, all that kept us company, will pass from memory as memory too shall pass. For a man to take the nature of stone he must live without rage, lust or faith....for only in complete passiveness is eternity.
Now do you know who I am?

I am very passionate about darkness. My love, my joy, and my interests are all based upon darkness. A philosophy of darkness is what I live by. I may be grim, bitter, and cynical, but I am more than content with my ways.

I first wanna say that I feel extreme comraderie to all of you, and i've never met a single one of you. It's really neat hearing people describe themselves, and thinking "Jeez, that's ME in a nutshell"!

So here's a vague stab in the dark at who I am...

I'm kind of introverted, guarded almost. Curious about certain things, and wish to explore them fully, and then go even further. I like things that make me think. I get deeply involved in the few things I'm interested in. Almost obsessive, but not quite.

I wear pretty normal clothes, although I don't look like my peers. You couldn't put me into a category (oh he's a goth, oh he's a frat guy, oh he's a punk, etc....). I don't look like anybody else. As a matter of fact, I really despise people who appear similar to other people. Originality is paramount to my style. I have long blonde hair, but no tattoos. Blue eyes.

I play guitar, and even went to Berklee college of music for a while. I'm by no means the greatest, but I can hold my own pretty well, and make music that's, well, musical.

I'm a pretty good judge of other people's character. Mainly comes from watching how people act, and react. I like to go out, but not to socialize, just to watch others. Sounds a little creepy, but people will put on a show for you if you let them. You can learn so much about human behavior that way...

I like everything in life that most other people like, but I like mine to have a bit of flair. A slight twist on the norm. Where my buds are out drinking bud light, i'll order a Hoegaarden.

I am quite cynical when it comes to politics and humor. Cynical in general actually.

I enjoy music and people to be completely free of pretentiousness. I like genuity.

I'd say I'm pretty wordly.

I am never satisfied with the norm, and always want to dig deeper to find the good stuff.

I'm a firm believer that things (and people) usually aren't they way they originally appear.

Oh yeah... I haven't really discussed sense of style yet.

I wear pretty normal clothes, although I don't look like my peers. You couldn't put me into a category (oh he's a goth, oh he's a frat guy, oh he's a punk, etc....). I don't look like anybody else. As a matter of fact, I really despise people who appear similar to other people. Originality is paramount to my style.

I'm with skyshock1 on this one... I've really been playing with my outgoing appearance recently, something I previously cared little about. I've found myself a sense of style, that, well, nobody else I know really has. I wear lots of black and have a black trenchcoat... but I don't do the more standard metal tshirts and stuff with it, instead I wear my now-trademark fedora and black shirts and blazers and occasionally even cheaply-thrown-together suits n' stuff that gives this presence of almost... sophisticated evil. I'd like a little baphomet pin to put on my trenchcoat, actually.

Of course, this all doesn't work too well during the summer...

Do I have a picture somewhere?
... ah-ha! I do!

Attachments

• hoserhellspawn.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 35
Originally posted by Lakestream
That's the good part about living in Sweden...
summer isn't that hot :)

Oh really? :) After the last two weeks, do you still think like that? I think it's been absurdly hot. 25 degrees Celcius (77 deg. Fahrenheit) at 7 A.M.? Come on, that's not very Scandinavian.. :rolleyes:

Perhaps not very scandinavian, but quite enjoyable none the less. Enjoying the warmth and evening sun in good company, a bit of music, a bit to drink. Ah, yes, this is the life.

So now you know why I haven't been very active this last week. Cheers! =)

I think I may be the exception that proves the rule, at least on some levels.

I am a big fan of the sunlight. Consequently, I absolutely hate winter, and love spring and summer. I am a generally happy person, who has a great wife and great friends. I love being around people. I too like to "people-watch". I consider myself a Libertarian politically, and somewhat agnostic religiously. I don't seem to share the anti-Christian sentiment that many of you hold. I often feel that the anti-Christian sentiment that exists in some aggressive music is misguided towards Christ himself, instead of towards the people who have twisted his teachings, and still choose to call it Christian.

I love music. Everything from Miles Davis, to Opeth (obviously), although I much prefer aggressive music to mellow music. My wife will often ask me, "Why do you listen to such angry music?" To be honest, I don't know. I do know that I enjoy the intensity, the passion, the musicianship, and the dichotomy that exists in the music.

GZ

Hey, citizens of Opet, I enjoy so much the time spent reading all your posts!
There's a lot of interesting characters around here!
As for me I can say I'm quite introspective, I think a lot but speak so rarely, and never about me or my feelings.
I don't trust humanity at all, I hate almost everything manmade (music is a GREAT exception), and I love (deeply) nature in all its aspects, both in light and darkness ;)
I am non violent, patient and slow to anger, and music is catharsis: the more I listen to violent/extreme music, the more I feel peaceful and quiet!

Forgive my few words, I have none...

LEJ.....just like you i basically detest everything that is manmade......i was walking through these amazing woods near dusk and at the end of the path was a gas station and a car dealership.....oh man did that but a damper on the mood....darkness is beautiful burzumbeast....it's where i find the most beauty as well