Why do Opeth Fans get a bad rap?

Sounds like this board has a alot of nubies during the last year or two, as they are just being introduced to extreme metal. That's cool. It just depends on attitudes, and there are other really great extreme metal bands too. Opeth are one of many, and may be a gateway for some fans, not me though, into extreme metal.
I love OLD opeth, really up to BWP.
There are other great death and extreme metal bands in the underground.
I don't like the delusional fan boy quality of some fans, or the elitist (as humorous as it is) attitude of people in the extreme metal scene. It's either one or the other, there has got to be a balance.
Sure I STILL love extreme metal, but now the trend is the anti trend vs., or people or to KVLT and hate any band that sells more than 4 CD's. It's the retarded nubies and delusional fans whom then turn elitist, and cry, sell out. Annoying.
Perhaps this is because opeth have gained popularity, rightfully so, although I do prefer Opeth's older releases.
Opeth, have earned that right, just from thier back catalog alone.
It's amazing how people don't use some intellect, and contradict each other, and are arrogant and obnoxious based on dfferences of opinions, or musical tastes. It's stupid and ignorant.
Somehow I belive in every music scene/genre, wich is a subculture wthin itself, that people can be misled sheep, based upon ignorance and conformity of thought.This conformity and elitism is dangerous in large doses.
That is why humanity is DOOMED.

I am one of those Opeth-fan-haters. Many of the Opeth fanboys are 13-14 year old kids who just stopped listening to Slipknot because someone on the internet said that they weren't "true" metal. They generally make retarded comments like "OPETH ROKS!!!!!!11!".