what would you do for Opeth?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Well, regardless. I still think native americans deserve their land back lmao.

Btw, are there actually any native americans on here?

- the Somewhat Fat Native American Land Giving Guitarist

:wave: Acctually, I am 1/16 Cherokee. So 1/16 of me "owns" the land I am on. Then again, 1/16 of me doesn't believe in land ownership. I feel fragmented now.:ill:

-Vintersorg- said:
You'll find that minorities generally take advantage of opportunities when they come to them. So the Indians would work harder at their schooling, with better opportunity than in their home country. The same kind of situation is present here in Australia. We Westerners take society for granted.

Funny, I didn't know you guys called yourselves westerners. You are descended from western europeans like 15/16 of me, but you're in the east yo. And good point. But I swear they all become chemists. I can hardly understand my chem teacher.

On topic - I give Opeth partial ownership of my place. :) You guys can stop by on your tour for a break.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Umm... to see an Opeth show the most I would travel is MAYBE 100 miles at most. I can't stand wasting all that money too see a band, regardless of how awesome the band is.

- the Somewhat Fat Land Giving Guitarist

I have to travel 600km (hmm... about 400 miles?) everytime I want to see a foreign band.... Like I did with Opeth. :(

-Vintersorg- said:
You'll find that minorities generally take advantage of opportunities when they come to them. So the Indians would work harder at their schooling, with better opportunity than in their home country. The same kind of situation is present here in Australia. We Westerners take society for granted.
We're 'westerners' now?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Btw, are there actually any native americans on here?

Well...I am way distantly related to the great Sitting Bull cheif of the ummm Karioke tribe...? What you don't beleive me? yes the Karioke who bravely fought off European/American armies as they invaded their homeland.

But yes, I would definitly take a bullet for any of the guys from Opeth...just not Axenrot for now...unless M-Lo never comes back:erk: ...then i might....:erk:

Devy_Metal said:
bands don't tour Finland ? how many times have you seen COB?

Yes they do, but I live 600km away from the capital, Helsinki. Luckily there's a new big venue near my hometown for bigger metal bands, so I don't always have to travel that far anymore. Going to see King Diamond there in a few moths :headbang:

I've seen COB once (5-6 years ago), but I don't really like them, and they don't tour Finland that much either.

Devy_Metal said:
i dont think ive ever made a topic here...but i read most of them and reply when i see fit. one thing ive noteid (obviously) is that opeth fans are some of the most dedicated and die hard fans in the underground. my question, is how far would you go for the band...what would you do that other might find ridiculous? example: im a huge nevermore fan and i live (currently) in the usa. im going to fly to the UK to see them open up for disturbed on this coming tour. example 2, i flew from london all the way to fucking greece just to see them headline a show there back in september. example 3: i got to their show in nottingham 6 hours early and it paid off because i met jeff and van and we went to a pub to drink together for an hour, then they brought me back to the venu and i had dinner with them and watched soundcheck. yes, i had to brag about that:Spin: basically, ive spent A LOT OF MONEY supporting this band.

so how big a fan are you of opeth? anyone done anything others would consider nuts???:headbang: :headbang:
Fellatio..

For Per, maybe cunnilingus? :)

Devy_Metal said:
what about Kalmah...now that is so obviously Finland's best band. have you seen them play a lot? i want to see them but they have never toured the usa.

Never seen 'em.. We had plans on playing in a band with Kalmah's drummer though. In fact we were supposed to play an Opeth cover... but it never came to be :(

Well I am flying to New York to see them play live, and I saw them 3 times in 4 days in December of last year. I listen to their music every day, play it on guitar every day, look on this board most days I can. I have recently been doing some designs for an Opeth tatoo, so I guess I do/would do a lot for Opeth. Some people may think it is fanboyish, or whatever, but hey I love the music!