what would you do for Opeth?

Why the left? I'd like to know each of thems short comings before trading... although I don't have tickets anyway... but if I did!!

I'd have gone to London in 2005 to see them if i'd had any money. I'd have gone to Europe to see them, if i had enough money. They played Leeds less than two months later, I had money, I saw them, I was happy.

Moonlapse said:
I'd dedicate around an hour of my everyday life to delete crap on their forum :)

Excellent post Man, Please do ! haha of course your the Mod well thanks for your time!

My crap as well if you see it that way. :)

Mr Bland = Cool.

Moonlapse said:
Haha, didn't mean for that to sound egotistical or anything. Was more tongue-in-cheek. I thoroughly enjoy deleting crap, so it's my pleasure!

No worries Man, I didn't take it that way, keep up the good work, we neeeed you !!

Powers said:
I used to moderate my local music forum. It's the most boring thing ever.

Mmmm, sad. :(

One forum I use to post in opened an off topic portal called, "The Cess Pit," :) somewhere where ppl could get it out of their system and a place to transfer the garbage. :D

It didn't last long there, maybe you could try it here Moonlapse ? Maybe not as it just encourages ppl to be obnoxious.

BTW, how do you become a Mod ?

Post a lot. Make friends with the Mods. Ask or wait till a position becomes availible. I already knew all the mods on my local music forum because i worked for their promotions comapany promoting bands and gigs and such.

^ Thanks Powers, nice one. :)

Soz about my outburst on the other thread but it's at times like this, I am glad to be 50.

I started on Vinyl because thats all there was, and when CD came out it was dire, only now is it approaching Vinyl but still a long way to go to match, I doubt if it ever will.

Digital is a broken waveform, tis clever it's as good as it is right now, but it is still fragmented sound.

I thank the Kids and dare I mention it here... Dance Culture for helping Vinyl remain alive...

Bless you Guy's, but you can keep your music. :(

Opeth Rule's !! :D

No need for apolagese mate. People say stuff on the internet and it counts for shit. I'm not going to :'( over having my opinion on vinyl trounced. But cheers for the explination of the broken sound.

I just don't buy vinyl because i'm far to lazy to take care of it. And things in my house just seem to get damaged or go missing. My CD's are scratched to shit so i'd hate to see the state of Vinyl after 5 minutes in my house. I don't know? Perhaps when i'm terribly rich i might buy all my albums again on Vinyl just...because it's cool.

Opeth rules...

+1

^ Cool, try and take the trouble Man You will be Amazed, and take care of your stuff, It will be treasure tomorrow, if you see what I mean.

+1 indeed to you sir!

And as for buying Vinyl's, get em while you can, save em for later.

well, i'm going from boston to nyc to see them at town hall... that'll end up costing me--and i have to cancel a class to do it.
stood around in clumps of metal boys to meet them before a show...
putting up with the SOTU bands was a trying time for sure! esp to only hear opeth for 1/2 hour...
and what i'd do for cousin "bass player" it... hmm, i'll never tell ;-)

^^ haha!

well, in a society of jocks and metrosexuals, i proudly flaunt my opeth merch and attempt to convert people... only attempt though. sadly, something went wrong at birth for 99% of my towns population which altered their music appreciation abilities:(

i'd let him suck my dick if one of them was ever curious, and didn't want anyone to find out about it...and didn't want to get emotionally involved with someone.

dcat said:
^ Cool, try and take the trouble Man You will be Amazed, and take care of your stuff, It will be treasure tomorrow, if you see what I mean.

+1 indeed to you sir!

And as for buying Vinyl's, get em while you can, save em for later.

Dunno. I don't have any issues with digital audio. The maximum rate we can record at these days is 24 bit/192khz. That basically gives you 96,000Hz of the frequency spectrum (we only hear roughly from 20hz to 20khz and that's at the PEAK of our hearing ability) and 144dB of dynamic range. The noise floor on all systems sets in way before then, so it's just superfluous, but it's nice to know that it's there!

Most speakers can't recreate that level of audio fidelity, so it leaves you wondering, if vinyl is truly a purer form of sound storage, who cares?