what would you do for Opeth?

Moonlapse said:
Dunno. I don't have any issues with digital audio. The maximum rate we can record at these days is 24 bit/192khz. That basically gives you 96,000Hz of the frequency spectrum (we only hear roughly from 20hz to 20khz and that's at the PEAK of our hearing ability) and 144dB of dynamic range. The noise floor on all systems sets in way before then, so it's just superfluous, but it's nice to know that it's there!

Most speakers can't recreate that level of audio fidelity, so it leaves you wondering, if vinyl is truly a purer form of sound storage, who cares?

Sorry, but I am a bit of an audio purist, I have heard the most amazing sounds from the old technology, digital audio in comparison sounded gross, although it is now alot better but still old beats new...

Compared measured specifications doesn't support this but it's a fact, something happens whether it is our mental processing or something I dunno.

It is like television and flourescent lighting flicker rate's we have this thing called "Persistance of Vision" that compensates... watch a TV, crt type and cough, you will see the picture scanning lines for an instant, try it :)

Audio reproduction and especially Vinyl reproduction is a black art, I can enter a room and listen to a Vinyl record being played, the moment the stylus lands on the run in groove with the volume turned up, I can tell if it's going to sound good or bad even b 4 the music starts...

This has been garnered from years of setting up very high quality Turntable front ends, without a well sorted Vinyl "Front End" CD sounds better and no matter how good or big your speakers are the sound has already been compromised.

But listening to a well set up Vinyl front end as it snaps into place, something amazing happens, ambience dynamic range ect... tis a revelation and highly addictive, but in time it slips out of tune so maintainance is essential.

This IS my reason for being here but digital audio has made in roads and ppl are happy with second best so the slide downwards continue's with just a happy bunch of audio nuts carrying it on...

Please join us... keep it alive and when there is a medium that is better well that would be great, but sad cos there is some great old kit out there and billions of great Vinyl records with magic in them there groove's.
:D

Well, set up their Turntable's if they have them, well I know "Mike" :worship: has one :) and some Soldering :) but not Multicore's no please no, I had to do this for a living in the early day's of computers. :yuk:

Consider anything they might ask of me, I like to help ppl and say yes if I can.

But these Guy's are sooo talented they're more than able to do for themselve's. :wave: I think... ;)

^ Me 2

Trouble is I wouldn't want to come back, England hasn't been too kind to dcat for a number of years, with our crazy housing laws and how they "The F'in Judge's" want to apply them. :yuk:

I am originally from India. There are about a thousand people who appreciate Opeth's music, in a country having a population of 90 million. I came to the United States 11 months back and am currently living in Tennessee. There is NO metal here. I fly all across the country on selected weekends, trying to catch concerts of my favorite bands. I flew to Virginia to see Opeth live for the first time in my life during Nov 05. And they were just awesome. :headbang:

I am flying again to Pittsburgh in Feb 06 to catch them again at Millvale, PA.

nazgulofmordor said:
I am originally from India. There are about a thousand people who appreciate Opeth's music, in a country having a population of 90 million. I came to the United States 11 months back and am currently living in Tennessee. There is NO metal here. I fly all across the country on selected weekends, trying to catch concerts of my favorite bands. I flew to Virginia to see Opeth live for the first time in my life during Nov 05. And they were just awesome. :headbang:

see, that's what im talking about. good shit.

nazgulofmordor said:

Your right. I've only been to one metal concert in TN. And to add some statistics. aprox. 30 people on my 25,000 people campus listen to Opeth.
I'm always going to Atlanta, or NC or KY (for Opeth on the 20th).

PS - Why do Indians always come to TN? And why are they all science geniuses and stuff?

I agree with most of the people here that it isn't sane or logical to go so far out of your wayto see a band. Now dont't get me wrong, OPETH IS LIFE TO ME, but not pirating their cd's, buying their merch and seeing every show within a reasonable distance is my undying allegiance. I guess it helps to live near L.A. when you can see them three times within a years time:kickass:

^

it's completeyl insane and ilogical to travel long distances to see a band, i know. im nuts and obsessed! the thing is, nevermore hardly ever tour in america...i think only 4 tours since dhiadw came out, and never as a headliner, just an opener. odd because theyre from seattle.

Braighs said:
Your right. I've only been to one metal concert in TN. And to add some statistics. aprox. 30 people on my 25,000 people campus listen to Opeth.
I'm always going to Atlanta, or NC or KY (for Opeth on the 20th).

PS - Why do Indians always come to TN? And why are they all science geniuses and stuff?

On the contrary, you will find lesser amount of Indians in TN. While a greater (HUGE) chunk of them reside in NJ, PA, DC and NY.

I dont know about ALL Indians being science 'genuises'. I can surely say I am not one....:D

Indian's are cool. We should give them their land back.

Stupid crackers.

Umm... to see an Opeth show the most I would travel is MAYBE 100 miles at most. I can't stand wasting all that money too see a band, regardless of how awesome the band is.

- the Somewhat Fat Land Giving Guitarist

^ Hey, Tubbs, you got a weight problem or summit...?

You'll soon shed some at an Opeth gig or two... good for you. :)

Take the trouble, ppl who go are friendly folk. IMO.

Braighs said:
Why do Indians always come to TN? And why are they all science geniuses and stuff?

You'll find that minorities generally take advantage of opportunities when they come to them. So the Indians would work harder at their schooling, with better opportunity than in their home country. The same kind of situation is present here in Australia. We Westerners take society for granted.