what would you do for Opeth?

Braighs said:
Your right. I've only been to one metal concert in TN. And to add some statistics. aprox. 30 people on my 25,000 people campus listen to Opeth.
I'm always going to Atlanta, or NC or KY (for Opeth on the 20th).

PS - Why do Indians always come to TN? And why are they all science geniuses and stuff?

Hahaha, I don't know. Maybe there's just a higher level of people actually working.

My bloodline is originally from Afghanistan. I now have all Opeth cd's. I listen to them. I appreciate them. I'm going to their concert in LA, hopefully.

I don't what more I can do for them, but just really appreciate them.

Nevermore's new album is pretty rad, btw.

annt said:
Never seen 'em.. We had plans on playing in a band with Kalmah's drummer though. In fact we were supposed to play an Opeth cover... but it never came to be :(

hey thats cool, man. are you in a band right now? do you like kalmah though? i think theyre fucking awesome. i cant wait to get the black waltz...

Devy_Metal said:
hey thats cool, man. are you in a band right now? do you like kalmah though? i think theyre fucking awesome. i cant wait to get the black waltz...

To be honest, I haven't even listened to Kalmah very much... what I've heard didn't spark my interest, but maybe I'll try again. I've had trouble finding people to play with, since I live in such a small town, so I've recorded some songs by myself (please download my album, the address is in my signature), it's instrumental progressive rock/metal or something like that. I do play bass in a grindcore band called Feastem, there are a few songs from our rehearsal at http://feastem.murha.net/ check it out!

Braighs said:
Funny, I didn't know you guys called yourselves westerners. You are descended from western europeans like 15/16 of me, but you're in the east yo.

How can there be an 'east' of a spere? :Spin:

Nitronium Blood said:
We're 'westerners' now?

Err, well I consider Australia to be a Western civilisation, definitely. :Smug:

annt said:
To be honest, I haven't even listened to Kalmah very much... what I've heard didn't spark my interest, but maybe I'll try again. I've had trouble finding people to play with, since I live in such a small town, so I've recorded some songs by myself (please download my album, the address is in my signature), it's instrumental progressive rock/metal or something like that. I do play bass in a grindcore band called Feastem, there are a few songs from our rehearsal at http://feastem.murha.net/ check it out!

He yi Just listened to your band. You guys sound pretty good. Are you lead guitar player? Do you have any EP's out?

Devy_Metal said:
He yi Just listened to your band. You guys sound pretty good. Are you lead guitar player? Do you have any EP's out?

As I said, I play bass for this band, and there's some stuff in my sig that I played everything myself in. Feastem's only rehearsed a few times, so we haven't even played any gigs yet (planning to do some on March), and those 4 tracks are the only ones we ever recorded.

I listened to Kalmah again, and it's still way too happy and power metal to me, though I can see why you like them.

What I did and keep doing.
I travelled to another country to see them and they never came, so I spent my savings buying their records while I was there. And currently saving money to buy their new one which I haven't heard it yet.
That sucks... :erk:

Luz said:
Matt! Welcome back, I was thinking about you the other day. Nice to see you round here sir!!
haha, well don't expect it to last...i see you and moonlapse are still here among the great unwashed masses, nobody else though :tickled:

almost enough to make me reminisce of a time when a forum occupied with discussion for one single band still held my interest :loco:

good to "see" (haha) you though, post at RC!

^Well, Joey posts here once in a while on the Prog thread, he moved to Gunhaver's site I believe.

And I still don't know why I keep posting here, hahahaha. No offense to anyone.

See you in RC.