KILLER question to you opethians!!

Definitely the mellow one, after all I prefer the more melodic part of the band and I would be very interested in finding out if they'll succeed in creating a brilliant album in that style.

If the 'normal' CD is really as dissonant and heavy as Mikael says, then definately that one... I'm more interested how they mix the acoustic with the heavy in true Opeth style rather than just focusing on the acoustic (and clean guitar).

Originally posted by CAIRATH
Note to self: be out of range if I don't have the albums yet when you do.

Filthy SENDER!

I wouldn't send them to you, as I'm sure you'll refuse to send them to me no matter how much I beg and cry. I will hold out.

Originally posted by Klemi

Well, Neurosis has made that with two albums, Tribes of Neurot and regular Neurosis album. ToN was more about synths, samples and industrial soundscapes and another just pure Neurosis...
And I read somewhere, that they made four compatible 10" vinyls which contained samples from insect sounds or something... And then, when you get somehow four vinylplayers and start listen those vinyls at same time, you will probably loose your mind... :) Or this was band's goal.
Great band that Neurosis... "Times of Grace" is so heavy that you must lie on the floor when you listen it ;)

Cool,
I have recently acquired 'A Sun That Never Sets' and that album basically reminds me why I love heavy music. It is simply relentless. You mentioned 'Times of Grace'...How does this and the other material compare with ASTNS?

Oh, and to answer the thread...Probably the one with my most favourite colour on the cover. Seriously.

The heavier one. Definitely.

Note: For a musician who says he doesn't do this for the fans, he does make me wonder. He makes one that mellow fans would happen to love and at the same time, one that heavier fans would love. Maybe he's finally warming up to us!

:lol:

Originally posted by Opet
The heavier one. Definitely.

Note: For a musician who says he doesn't do this for the fans, he does make me wonder. He makes one that mellow fans would happen to love and at the same time, one that heavier fans would love. Maybe he's finally warming up to us!

:lol:

*gasp* you can't be serious!

After all, he posts here and talks to us... that is a true sign of complete hatred for his fanbase.

Actually.... I don't think they're planning to come out on the exact same day. Around the same timeframe, but not simultaneously from what I understood. (I could be wrong about this)

But.. if they did, it's a difficult question.
Don't think I would know which I'd soak in first until I knew my mood when I woke up that day. However, whichever one I played first, I would spend a couple solid days on just THAT one before I'd even open the other disc. Copule days one, couple days two.. then all together. ..... Extending the "brand new opeth!" excitement will be quite.. delicious. :p

Originally posted by brightoffski

You mentioned 'Times of Grace'...How does this and the other material compare with ASTNS?

Well, hard to say, 'cause I haven't heard that new album... And I'm not so big Neurosis fan after all... I have heard those earlier albums and I understand why they are classified as the most important albums of extreme music, my financial state have prevented me to buy those albums... so far.

Oyo you have listened to BWP only a few times, why judge it? You should know ALL opeth albums take time to enjoy and grow into.
To answer the question I think it will depend on my mood really, but now that random phil said that I guess I will listen to the first that comes out, actually I think I will wait and order them both at the same time!

I'll more than likely listen to the "mellow" one first. I'm always interested in seeing more experimental sides of bands.

Like when I bought the Nine Inch Nails deluxe-live CD back in January, I listened to the "mellow" second disc before actually listening to the live one.

I was much more interested in seeing what Trent Reznor could come up with on the mellow CD, and I'll probably be the same way with Opeth.

Originally posted by Klemi

Well, hard to say, 'cause I haven't heard that new album... And I'm not so big Neurosis fan after all... I have heard those earlier albums and I understand why they are classified as the most important albums of extreme music, my financial state have prevented me to buy those albums... so far.

Hey thanks Klemi, I think I will be checking them out anyway. ASTNS is a great album, and just speaking about me, if I prejudged on style I wouldn't have ever noticed its brilliance. It is that kind of album that could appeal to every metal fan no matter what their leanings.