what are you looking forward to more?

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
if things go well with music-for-nations and opeth make their double cd thing, what are you gonna be looking forward to more? the heavy album or the mellow one?

i personally am looking forward to the mellow one b/c 'to bid you farewell' is my favourite song of all time and has been since i first heard it...yes their other ballads are amazing especially when you're aware of the dark side of opeth but maybe the mellow will have a song even better that 'to bid you farwell'

thx:)

I'd have to say Mellow, although I'd be very interested to hear both. I normally sway towards the more mellow side of music, although a bit of intensity is good for clearing out the system.

I'm more looking forward to the heavier album, no doubt about that, but I'm certainly buying both - afterall, I love Opeth's mellow songs as well.

i'd have to say mellow only because its something new for the band, yeah a few songs on an album is different, this is gonna be newish, and i wonder if they use more vocals as in songs like to bid you farewell there is not that many vocal parts, but its still great, hmn, i dont know which cd i'll put on first :D

Originally posted by Unhallowed
I'm more looking forward to the heavier album, no doubt about that, but I'm certainly buying both - afterall, I love Opeth's mellow songs as well.
Do you think they're releasing two separate albums or one double-cd? I would expect the latter.

Originally posted by Useful Idiot

Do you think they're releasing two separate albums or one double-cd? I would expect the latter.

Well, I seriously hope that it's a double-cd because I wouldn't like to buy two full priced albums when they could as well release it as a double-cd...... but.... I don't know. It's up to the label (and Mikael too I guess).... we'll see.

I'm looking forward to the whole thing really...

Buying the album...holding it in my hands...
Looking at the cover...maybe getting to read the lyrics
Take out the CD's and see if they have any scratches...
Then put them back in the cover and keep them there till I can't
control myself any longer and just HAVE TO listen to them...

I will probably listen to the mellow one first....
Just to check out how I feel about it, if it's "the
right thing" for me...
This mellow one will probably be one of the records I can
enjoy together with my b/f as he's not into growling...
Then I'll check the heavy one listening for changes,
"is it more brutal?" :eek:)

Ooooooh! I need an Opeth-fix! >:eek:)

I'm looking forward to both = ))
I have no idea which i will listen first...if they will be released as a double-CD or seperatly at the same day,i will have a hard time deciding :eek:
Maybe i will listen to the heavy first...but i'm sure the heavy songs will contain mellow parts as always...

Well if they do make the album with on cd being heavy and one being mellow (which I hope they don't) I guess I will have to say I would probably look forward to the heavy album more. I hope they will mix up the songs a little bit atleast and not have one completely dedicated to soft and hard side of Opeth. Hopefully they will prove my thoughts wrong if they do this and create the greatest Opeth album to date!

I look forward to the ideas, the intricasies and cross-references in the notion of releasing 2 simultaneous "linked" albums. Will they bge concept albums? If so, will the stories be linked? Will it be chronologically, one then the other, or will it go back and forth, so you have to have both to understand fully? How will the cover art and packaging reflect this "album duality"? Will major themes recur in different varieties back and forth across the two albums? How will this be done? ...etc. etc.

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I'm looking forward to the whole thing really...
Buying the album...holding it in my hands...
Looking at the cover...maybe getting to read the lyrics
Take out the CD's and see if they have any scratches...
Then put them back in the cover and keep them there till I can't
control myself any longer and just HAVE TO listen to them...

Huh, sounds like me. :) All part of the experience isn't it?

dont take it personally but id like to kill you all by beating you with my dick bludgeoning you so to speak:lol:

Originally posted by Useful Idiot

Didn't it say that they would be releasing 2 albums? Otherwise music for nations wouldn't care as the double cd would count as one album :confused: Thats how I see it neway. I'm looking forward to the mellow one so I can convert people (who have taste and just don't like heavy stuff) to Opeth. And I like their quiet stuff

Originally posted by Clayman
All depends on the mood,mellow if Im relaxing,heavy if Im angry or feel like headbangin,:cool:
Great point made ,, I think that is what is going to be so special about this (if it happends) , I meen if you want to listen to something heavy put on one album and listen to it all and be satisfied instead of listening to something that your not in the mood for ,, and yes there has been sometime or another that i've not been in the mood to lesson to To Bid or something depressing ..