mellow / heavy

pistol_pete

Feb 19, 2003
IRELAND
Visit site
they piss on everyone else in the mellow bits, i dont think any other band comes close to that mellow acoustic sound that they have. and if you's know any other bands please name.

really looking forward to damnation because of this fact. i really feel its gonna be where opeth (mikael) will shine.

i even feel that the mellow bits of opeth songs piss on the heavy bits.. if ya get me?

dont get me wrong i love the whole package. what got me into them originally is that contrast of heavy to mellow, thats what their all about i guess.

basically i dont think a whole heavy album would be a patch on a whole mellow album. because i feel there are bands about that do the entire heavy thing that bit better... whereas opeth are unrivaled in the mellow arena.... IMO

now i dont want anyone getting pissed with me!! im not trying to find fault. cause i love everything they do.... its just im really thinkin danmnation is gonna be something special.

yeah, I've been searching for a band that has a good mellow sound like Opeth's all the way through. Closest I've gotten is an older band Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and The Tea Party. Gomez has some good songs aswell but is more blues directed.

NP. Orchid

see i feel the opposite, i think opeth does the heavy parts better than any other band on the planet, however their clean parts are the best too, lol, i dont know of anyother bands that do anything as well as they do, i guess their just my soul-band

Originally posted by pistol_pete

dont get me wrong i love the whole package. what got me into them originally is that contrast of heavy to mellow, thats what their all about i guess.

No matter which side of the fence you're on - mellow or heavy, you can't deny that behind it all, it's the "contrast" you love. If you really loved the mellow but hated the heavy - how could you really enjoy Opeth? They do both, and they have done it throughout their career, and done it consistently better than anybody else.

Just like pistol_pete, what got me into Opeth was when I heard my 1st ever Opeth song - Bleak. I was totally amazed how a band could run the metal spectrum so well.

Because, after all, nothing says "generic" like Demilich, and King Crimson worship with bad vocals is like, the height of innovation. RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

pistol_pete-
"...they piss on everyone else in the mellow bits, i dont think any other band comes close to that mellow acoustic sound that they have. and if you's know any other bands please name."

Have you heard anything from Novembre? HAS ANYONE HEARD NOVEMBRE? Dammit. DO IT.

please

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/314/novembre.html