KILLER question to you opethians!!

Originally posted by Gregsmack
I'll more than likely listen to the "mellow" one first. I'm always interested in seeing more experimental sides of bands.

Like when I bought the Nine Inch Nails deluxe-live CD back in January, I listened to the "mellow" second disc before actually listening to the live one.

I was much more interested in seeing what Trent Reznor could come up with on the mellow CD, and I'll probably be the same way with Opeth.

That album's great. NIN are great. But I listened to the live first 'cos I wanted to listen to the new stuff for later, like in a 'saving the best for last' style of thing.

With Opeth, if I get them both at the same time I'll listen to the heavy one first. But if Phil is right and they come out at different times, it'll be whichever one comes out first.

I don't have a preference, some of my favorite opeth moments are mello and "brutal" as you put it. My favorite "brutal" moment is the ending verse of 'April Ethereal.' "The rain was waving goodbye, when the night came the forest folded its branches around me, something passed by and i went into a dream, she, laughing and weeping at once, "Take me away!" I dont know how or why, and i'll never know when." The way the guitars and drumming go along with that verse, and the power in his voice just make it breathtaking to listen to. As for any mello parts, right now, it's hard for me to decide. I recently burned a cd with some of Opeth's more mello songs like Harvest, Face of Melinda, To bid you Farewell, Credence, and Benighted. I'd have to say there are some amazing mello parts in The Moor that i enjoy, though.