Favourite Ballad/Mellow Tune

BlackRoseImmortalWaterPark

Black Ros Mortal!! METAL!
Oct 4, 2007
Toronto
:headbang: Fellow Opethians, Got another cool and hard question here for all of us, What is your favourite Opeth ballad? Its A Big List and think it over, probably be given 2 answers for this one. No Instrumentals on this one

To Bid You Farewell
Credence
Benighted
Face Of Melinda
Harvest
Patterns In The Ivy II
Still Day Beneath The Sun
Windowpane
In My Time Of Need
Death Whispered A Lullaby
Closure
Hope Leaves
To Rid The Disease
Weakness
A Fair Judgement
Hours Of Wealth
Atonement
Isolation Years

I would have to say To Bid You Farewell, It was the Original and purely beautiful, other top contenders would be Credence, Windowpane, Harvest, Hours of Wealth.

To Bid You Farewell: Has probably more feel to it than any other Opeth ballad. Very emotive. Probably because of the sound and production of the song. Pure Brilliance.

Credence: Amazing acoustic guitar parts. Also has great vocals. Good example of Mikael's great voice.

Face of Melinda: Has very calm and original feel to it in the first half. The vocals are exellent in the heavier half. Great.

Harvest: The whole song is very melancholic and calm. Great lead on the guitar and the chorus is damn nice.

You should have said mellow song because i dont know if any of those are even ballads. A ballad is a song that tells a story, not just something to bust out your lighter to and mellow out.