Mellow Opeth CD :)

I actually started making a cd like this a year ago, and just adapted it as new songs came out, I havent added the Deliverance songs to it yet, but the current playlist is as follows:

1) Prologue
2) Silhouette
3) Madrigal
4) Harvest
5) Benighted
6) Still Day Beneath The Sun
7) Requiem
8) Face Of Melinda
9) Credence
10) Patterns in the ivy
11) Patterns in the ivy 2
12) Epilogue
13) To Bid You Farewell

I used to have epilogue last after TBYF, but so many of my friends felt TBYF needed to be at the end, it fit better, just like on the actual album.

Oh yeah, and I entitled the album Awaiting The Sunrise, of course taken from the song lyrics of the song that was the inspiration for the entire album. I also find it is perfect music for those pre-dawn hours... awaiting the sunrise...

Of course everyone probably has their own idea of the best order for the songs, but after months and months of rearranging the order, this is the order that works best for what i want to listen to :D

Originally posted by Chromatose

Oh yeah, and I entitled the album Awaiting The Sunrise, of course taken from the song lyrics of the song that was the inspiration for the entire album. I also find it is perfect music for those pre-dawn hours... awaiting the sunrise...

Man that is EXACTLY what I think... mellow songs and especially mellow Opeth songs are perfect for the pre-dawn hours... You just get transported to another world at those hours, I don't know why, everything just feels completely peaceful, calm and different. I used to watch the morningrise every night (day?) during the summer, but I can't do it anymore cause I have school...

My Now Playing is a PERFECT song for these hours but unfortunately it only lasts 2 minutes... Excellent song though.

so here is mine :

1-Prologue
2-A fair judgement
3-Benighted
4-still day
5-requiem
6-harvest
7-for absent friends
8-credence
9-patterns
10-patterns II
11-face of melinda
12-silhouette
13-to bid you farewell
14-epilogue

i like it this way, because i alternate instrumental/non instrumental, not two songs from same album following (except for patterns that i associate) and i love the bluesy guitar sound at the end (to bid/epilogue)
i entitled it Darkness without Brutality ;)

what do you think about it ??