Easy listening Opeth songs

Hybrid_Child

Majesty
Mar 2, 2006
Aarhus, Denmark
I'm going to make this compilation CD for my girlfriend. She doesn't really like Opeth except from Damnation, wich she actually likes a lot. But since Opeth has made quite a few other very good mellow songs, I think I'll make a CD with all these songs for her.

So far the tracklist is this:

01. Patterns In The Ivy
02. Isolation Years
03. Benighted
04. A Fair Judgement
05. Credence
06. Atonement
07. To Bid You Farewell
08. Harvest
09. Face of Melinda
10. Hours Of Wealth
11. Epilogue
12. Soldier of Fortune

Did I miss any? And if you have any suggestions for images I could use a cover it would be great.

Thanks, I forgot about Remember Tomorrow.
I don't have Patterns in the Ivy 2, haven't even heard it actually.
I've never heard of Still Day and Sillohuet. Are they some B-side stuff or???

yeah ending credits sure is cute and easy listening
there are also some instrumental tracks like For Absent Friends and Madrigal
yeah pretty short but nicr

Well Ending Credits is on Damnation so she's already heard it. But For Absent Friends and Silhouette are on the list now.

I'd better get myself the Blackwater Park Special edition.

Well Ending Credits is on Damnation so she's already heard it. But For Absent Friends and Silhouette are on the list now.

I'd better get myself the Blackwater Park Special edition.

Yeah, Patterns In The Ivy 2 and Still Day Beneath The Sun are incredibly great tunes. I put them on a "mellow mix" I made for myself recently.

Also, I think it's great that you have A Fair Judgment and Face of Melinda on there, because while they are mellow, they also get heavy, so you can kind of sneak in some heaviness on there.

If you want to get daring, I'd also recommend throwing The Drapery Falls on there... For the most part, it's really melodic and beautiful, but it ends up becoming twisted and heavy towards the middle/end, which might be too much for her, but also might warm her up to the heavier stuff.

Here's a playlist I made recently that's mostly mellow:

opethmellowmix.jpg

^ He's right. Also, either she listens to both the dark side and the bright side, or Opeth is not for her

I disagree with you there. There's too sides of Opeth, and even though they go well together they are also videly different, so why shouldn't it be possible to enjoy listening to melancolic, mellow, dark and easy music, and not be into agressive, brutal and twisted music?

I think it makes scence.

To the idea of sneaking Drapery Falls on it too. I don't know... Actually I don't really wish her to be into metal. It's not very feminin. She would probably find it a little annoying as well, if I started listening to stuff like Fiona Apple and Björk.

Of course she can listen only to the mellow opeth. Rather dorky to set up rules for listening. Be sure to check out those BWP 2-disc edition songs, they rule.

whats wrong with males that listen to feminine style music? or whatever?

I love bjork, and joni mitchell lots

I disagree with you there. There's too sides of Opeth, and even though they go well together they are also videly different, so why shouldn't it be possible to enjoy listening to melancolic, mellow, dark and easy music, and not be into agressive, brutal and twisted music?

I think it makes scence.

To the idea of sneaking Drapery Falls on it too. I don't know... Actually I don't really wish her to be into metal. It's not very feminin. She would probably find it a little annoying as well, if I started listening to stuff like Fiona Apple and Björk.

That's fucking ridiculous. Music has nothing to do with gender. And what makes Fiona Apple and Björk feminine music? The fact that they're female artists? That's like saying you're not allowed to enjoy Stevie Wonder if you're not black. Or blind.

...fucking metallers.