What songs would be in your 'soft' Opeth playlist?

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
Ok, not a groundbreaking thread, but I'm curious. I just made a 'soft' Opeth playlist, and I've included:

Coil
Windowpane
Harvest
Hours of Wealth
Benighted
Hope Leaves
Patterns in the Ivy II
Credence
Isolation Years

I didn't include any songs with ANY heavy parts, or else 'To Bid You Farewell' would definitely have been on there.

Your picks?

Songs you didn't mention that I consider soft:

the whole damnation album
Silhouette
For absent friends
Patterns in the ivy
Burden
Atonement

Not sure about this, but at least for this moment my favorite mellow-Opeth song is Credence. So I'll put that one at top.

Credence
Still Day Beneath the Sun
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Hope Leaves
Isolation Years
For Absent Friends
Silhouette

And, Damnation in it's entirety of course. But I think Opeth has already thought of that. :p

Coil
Windowpane
Benighted
Harvest
Hours of Wealth
Closure
Patterns in the Ivy II
Death Whispered a Lullaby
Ending Credits
To Bid You Farewell (that count?)

Burden
In My Time Of Need
Hope Leaves
Harvest
A Fair Judgement(I know,not very mellow in parts but I think it's beautiful in every single way)
Credence
Coil

Would'nt ever make a soft playlist though,I just fetch out Damnation if I feel in a mellow and sombre mood.

to bid you farewell
credence
benighted
harvest
still day beneath the sun
patterns in the ivy 2
windowpane
in my time of need
closure
hope leaves
hours of wealth
burden

i guess those are just my fave softer songs, maybe wouldn't make a great playlist. also the soldier of fortune cover.

Silhouette
Requiem
Black Rose Immortal
Moonlapse Vertigo
Drapery Falls
A Fair Judgement
In My Time of Need
Closure
Coil
Hessian Peel

An all-out mellow album would shit me, and I think the moments above are tolerable. The main reason why Opeth mellows are so beautiful is because they're surrounded by aggression. Not that I don't love mellow, but while listening to the selection creeping in the back of my mind would be heavy heavy heavy

Silhouette
Requiem
Black Rose Immortal
Moonlapse Vertigo
Drapery Falls
A Fair Judgement
In My Time of Need
Closure
Coil
Hessian Peel

An all-out mellow album would shit me, and I think the moments above are tolerable. The main reason why Opeth mellows are so beautiful is because they're surrounded by aggression. Not that I don't love mellow, but while listening to the selection creeping in the back of my mind would be heavy heavy heavy

um, didn't they already release an "all-out mellow" album? i beleive it was called damnation. :p