what are you looking forward to more?

Definitely the heavy one, I've always wondered what it'd be like if Opeth made a more consistently death metal album. Of course, the mellow one will be great too, I'm sure, but I don't think I'll like either as much as the previous albums, the thing I love most about Opeth is the transitions.

I love Opeths music for years now, but i was also wondering what it would be like, if OPETH would make a true death metal album with 4 to 5 minute songs. That's what I would like very much. A total fucking headbanger from Opeth. But I also love songs like "benighted" and "harvest" very much. So i want both. Possibly it will be interesting if they would seperate the sounds there so capable of merging together on two seperate discs. But i guess, the HEAVY album will also have clean parts.. or am i wrong ?

Originally posted by Shub Niggurath
But i guess, the HEAVY album will also have clean parts.. or am i wrong ?

Maybe everyone should go read that interview again... I'm pretty sure the gist of it was that the two seperate albums would be predominately heavy and mellow respectively. I can't imagine an Opeth album that completed neglected half of their dynamic possibilties. Part of Opeth's identity is the duality, not just on the album, but within each individual song. Why would they abandon that now?