mellow / heavy

BiatchGuy said:
Pink Floyd is fucking awesome.

Everyone who hasnt heard Pink Floyd has to hear them... you will be hooked. Listen to the albums 'Wish You Were Here' or 'Dark Side of The Moon' *points at avatar* first.

Any of their albums are great, but first you should get a copy of the 20th aniversary edition of Dark Side of the Moon, digitally remastered and brilliant. More of a journey than any Opeth album.

My favorite Pink Floyd album has to be ANIMALS, by far. Don't get me wrong, they're all brilliant, but that one's just something else... I think it would also be the easiest for Opeth fans to appreciate (more guitar oriented than their other works, especially expansive songs).

pistol_pete said:
they piss on everyone else in the mellow bits, i dont think any other band comes close to that mellow acoustic sound that they have. and if you's know any other bands please name.

really looking forward to damnation because of this fact. i really feel its gonna be where opeth (mikael) will shine.

i even feel that the mellow bits of opeth songs piss on the heavy bits.. if ya get me?

dont get me wrong i love the whole package. what got me into them originally is that contrast of heavy to mellow, thats what their all about i guess.

basically i dont think a whole heavy album would be a patch on a whole mellow album. because i feel there are bands about that do the entire heavy thing that bit better... whereas opeth are unrivaled in the mellow arena.... IMO

now i dont want anyone getting pissed with me!! im not trying to find fault. cause i love everything they do.... its just im really thinkin danmnation is gonna be something special.

You say "piss" alot.

BiatchGuy-
"Pink Floyd is fucking awesome".

Yes they are. Oddly, after all these years I'm still trying to complete my collection. Twice I've had my copy of The Wall swiped. :bah: bastards