(Feedback) Creating A Music Subreddit

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
As my interests have broadened over time beyond metal they've also narrowed specifically towards long-form music with very psychedelic/atmospheric/ritualistic qualities. I've yet to find an all-encompassing resource for this type of sound as everywhere you look it seems distilled down to the sub-genre level- Neofolk, Dark Ambient, Psych/Space Rock, Atmospheric BM, Psybient/Chillout, Dungeonsynth, etc. Its all scattered to the winds and I'd like to create some cross-genre love so folks can discover new music (certainly, beyond just the genres listed prior). If you're just starting from where I was years back thinking Opeth, Tool, and Agalloch was all there was the mere concept of some of these genres would have been a godsend to know about.

So I'm looking for feedback specific to the posturing of the subreddit. The best I've got so far is r/AtmosphericMusic - but after checking it was previously in use but has since been banned and would have to be reclaimed by the Reddit admins (which can take weeks). That said I'm looking for alternate ideas. Either something equally descriptive like r/AtmoMix or maybe a little sexier, albeit more ambiguous like r/RitualResonance. Also, if you're not familiar with Reddit it can have a name apart from the URL IE r/Metal is "Shreddit". Any recommendations on the URL, name, or description would be most welcome!

Also looking for another moderator or two- I've got one Aussie interested. It wouldn't be a heavy-handed role, just cleaning up spam, offtopic, and any overly controversial stuff.