Feedback/criticism on mix of band

robin6505

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2012
Hey guys!

I've been reading through this forum for over a year now and learned a lot from you! Now I'm busy with mixing (final steps) a song for my band and it is the second song I fully produce and I would like some feedback on the mix!

I am aware that there is a bit of noise here and there in the mix, but this is caused by the recording and couldn't fix al of the problems later. Now I know what to watch for when recording.

Some info about the mix:
Drums: Steven Slate + Wall of Sound cymball package (With some eq and compression on chain)
Guitars: TSE808, lePou Lecto, Guitarhack Impulses (only high and low pass eq in chain)
Bass: Lots of processing on it (But the bassguitar was a bit crappy and strings seemed quite old so it lacked in the high frequencies)
Vocals: Mostly double tracked. Compression and a bit of reverb in chain.

Masterchain(As far as you can call it mastering): Saturation, Compression, Equilizer(boosted high shelf a bit from 10k Hz), Limiter/maximizer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gsvug6hzss9hk2g/MasterDonut.wav

Do you have any tips or things that could improve?

Thanks for the feedback! I had some troubles in deciding how loud the bass drop should be in the mix. At first it was way too loud. I also had problems with mastering the bassdrop as it caused a bit of distortion when it dropped. I inserted the bassdrop after the master chain but before the limiter. Any suggestions how to solve this without lowering the overall level of the song?

I have tried to temporarily highpass the rest of the mix a bit higher during the bassdrop but it didn't really help that much without getting too drastic in the highpass.