feedback on deathcore instrumental

Desolate Recordings

Bradley S.
Mar 19, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm currently in a position where i have to use a storage crate as my mixing location for a few months, i don't completely trust my ears in here, so any feedback on the mix would be awesomely appreciated!

No vocals as of yet, and the drums are programmed (i hate/ suck at programming drums aha:lol:.) i will eventually get some real drums over it!

let me know what you guys think!

https://soundcloud.com/desolate-recordings/reshaped2

Sounds good! I would give the snare some more "pop" or "crack and bring it up in the mix a bit.:headbang:

I wish I could give this clarity to my guitars! What did you use for guitars?
Drums is a little too low for me, you could add a little 6000 in your kick I think ;)

Really good song I like it ;)

thanks guys! ill give those suggestions a go!

The guitars were Podfarm, one of the death farm presets that Charles J sells! Although i tweaked it a bit to suit the mix :)
those tone presets rule!

I like this mix a lot, I agree about the snare though. It could use a little crack and you could bring up the overall volume of the snare as well. I personally would pull a bit of the click out of the kick too. Other than that I think it sounds great, good job man! The cymbals sound really nice what samples are you using?

Guitars need to go down a fair bit, don't turn the drums up, have the guitars come down, its all incredibly loud and powerful anyway aha

I don't think the kick needs anymore click, for this genre, and with the kick very similar to TAIM its really cool.

I like this mix a lot, I agree about the snare though. It could use a little crack and you could bring up the overall volume of the snare as well. I personally would pull a bit of the click out of the kick too. Other than that I think it sounds great, good job man! The cymbals sound really nice what samples are you using?

Thanks for the input dude! ive been listening to it a bit over the last week, and ive noticed the guitars are definitely a bit over powering!

The cymbals are just the superior drummer cymbals, with just a bit of verb and compression!

I don't think the kick needs anymore click, for this genre, and with the kick very similar to TAIM its really cool.

Thanks dude! Hate is one of my favourite mixes. everything on it is incredible! Its awesome that you can hear a little of that rubbing off on my mixes!

sounds so brutal man!
raw tracks?

Possibly once i get some vocals on it :)