feedback pls

Aexalven

Big Paws
Dec 1, 2008
Wowter Heaven
Some dude asked me to do vocals for his breeding cover, but im not sure if i should reduce the mid levels of them (dont know if you know what i mean, i think they sound too much in your face). Throw at me some opinions fellas :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywyBJJ_YxI&list=UUwaAETOxLeoxgQ2ct82hiuQ[/ame]

Btw, I just realised i cant growl fast lol

The vocals sound good but the way they are mixed sounds really off. They don't sit in the mix at all, more like being caked on top of it. I can't mix for shit so I can't say what exactly needs to be done.

Volume is a little on the loud side too, really drowns out the guitars in some places.

Yea, that too, but it will be the guys job to do it, they just sent me raw music file, tried to make it fit more, but I cant and thats why i think somethings not right, maybe my enviroment is generating too much echo or something.

Well if your environment is doing something like that then we wouldn't be able to tell from a mix with effects on it. I assumed all echo and reverb was added to it.

Alright, I sent it to the guy as is, he said he will mix it properly and will reduce the enviromental echo.

Damn i need studio lol