***Feedback wanted on songs and mixes!

rhmusic

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2012
hello, i have a couple mixes i've done with my band, In Search of Sight, that i wanted to post for feedback. if anyone has any tips or suggestions on improving my mix or master or just review on the song, please let me know. unfortunately these are only teaser play-throughs because we have not released the full album yet. thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/insearchofsight

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first video it looks like the drummer hits the cymbals very hard, but there's a lack of this punch in the recording. I guess you cutted the overheads too strong, they sound a bit castrated.
Maybe get the guitars a bit more ''open-sounding'' the palm muted parts sound very edited, sounds a bit unnatural.. But if this is what you aim for, forget my comment ;)

@awesomechairs
thanks, for kick i used superior drummer eq---boost highs and lows, cut mud, bass i used a simple line 6 eq to cut some boxiness around 500Hz. although respecting each of their frequency spectrums, i try to get them both working together around 50-70Hz. i have a very minimal and simple setup, just spent while dialing it all in. haha

@neonlight
yes, i definitely could make the oh and hh louder, lacks balls in a lot of systems so far, thanks for the reminder! as for the guitars, we were going for tight and mechanical sounding chugs.

:headbang: