Feeler: MI Amplification 'Megalith Beta' FT/S

Empathy

Bulging Member
Mar 6, 2008
Perth, Western Australia
Hey fellas, keeping this short and sweet.

I've got a mint condition Megalith Beta head by MI Amplification (Aus company, link here http://www.miamplification.com/MLB.htm) that I'm thinking about trading. I've had it for a couple of months, bought brand new from an authorized dealer. Serial number indicates it's #19 of the production line. Tubes are almost literally brand new (replaced by the manufacturer after a defect in one of the original set), about 4 hours total playing time on the lot; absolutely mint cosmetic condition. The product descriptions really don't overstate how intense this amp is, it's totally fucking insane. You've probably seen me posting about it here and there, I'm not too happy with the overall sound and simply want something else.

I'm looking to see if anyone has anything they'd be willing to trade. I'm open to straight trades or any offer + cash if the amp is right. I'm interested in amps in the similarly high-gain region. Special consideration would be for good condition 5150/6505's (not II's/+'s) - would be VERY interested in a 5150III EVH. Whatever is out there, I'll consider it.

If anyone wants to buy it outright, I'd be happy with $2000 AUD - more interested in trades, however. Shipping entirely up to the buyer.

Reply or PM me, whichever takes your fancy.

Cheers!

For anyone who doesn't know the company, they're only a small operation, here's a song from my bands cd. All rhythm tracks were megalith with no boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who doesn't know the company, they're only a small operation, here's a song from my bands cd. All rhythm tracks were megalith with no boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE2PhVT7eno

Jesus christ man, you're making me rethink getting rid of it with that. I had no idea that album was a Megalith. How did you find the low end on it? I cannot for the life of me control it at rehearsal volumes, not having any troubles in the studio though. Might keep it as a studio amp!