Feeler spamage: Soldano Avenger (Marcus approved)

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
HAHA anyways, I am missing my Dual Rec big time. So I am interested in a trade if anyone is down. My Avenger for your Dual or Triple Rec.

Its the 100watt version of the head and in great condition. The only issue is its missing the jewel cover for the light. Its literally been in a roadcase this entire time. So yeah holla at me.

CONUS only.

-Kyle

Haha, wise choice Kyle, though of course I've never played a Soldano so I certainly can't rip on 'em! However, in the next week or two I'm planning on comparing a 2 ch., 3 ch., and Roadster variants of Dual Rec, so maybe you'd wanna wait for the results before picking one up! (I know the Dual Rec sound is my bag, I just gotta find the perfect one, and while I do dig my 2 ch., it's got a 6k fizz that I'm not a big fan of, e.g. the beginning of Nevermore's "Medicated Nation" and all the clips in this thread where I really spell my complaints out)

I am pretty much set on getting a 3 channel dual or triple. Unless I can get extra cash and get a roadster again. I am not really sweating the 2 channel craze. It will sound good regardless. Mesa for the win!

EDIT: Not to say I won't take a 2 channel if it is offered up :)

Why would Andy keep his two channel rackmount rectifier over a newer one if it wasn't a better amp..? This is what bogs me. I remember him saying he wasn't too fond of the newer ones.

Eh, maybe he didn't realize about how powerful the presence knob on the red channel modern mode is (on the 3 channels), maybe he never played a Roadster/Road King (likely), or maybe he just didn't mess around with either that much, since he seems to be more of a Peavey guy anyway! And "better amp" is a pretty relative term ;)

Ok, before this gets out of hand and turns into a 19-page 2ch vs. 3ch debate, the point of this thread is so Kyle can see what kind of interest there is in this amp he's thinking about selling/trading. That was NOT directed at Marcus or anyone in particular, just a preemptive move is all.

So I have come to the conclusion that regardless of topic, if a Rectifier or 5150 is mentioned then a great debate will occur.

The debates being 2channel v/s 3 channel v/s rackmount and 5150 v/s 5150II v/s 6505 v/s 6505+ v/s 5150 III.

Jesus thats a lot.

Hahaha, yes yes Mike, I remember what happened last time :lol: But one thing I can at least say is the 2 ch. and Rackmount are identical (though it's still 2 ch./Rack vs. 3 ch. vs. Roadster/Road King :D) Anyway, no more talk of that until I do my upcoming comparison!

and to add to that i think the general outcome is always and always will be that: we love them all and they all sound awesome just some prefer others a little more.

/debate