Fender Precision

YES, well a regular P or J anyway. I don't know about that single coil in the middle of the body on the reissue
I have one of these and I love it
0136100380_md.png

YES, well a regular P or J anyway. I don't know about that single coil in the middle of the body on the reissue
I have one of these and I love it
0136100380_md.png

*drooool*

If I'll ever get a bass it will either be Preci/Jazz or a Thunderbird. Although those Stingrays are pretty awesome, too.

The Tele bass? Try one first, I guess. It certainly has plenty of character, but if you're looking for a studio workhorse, it wouldn't be my first choice. If that's your goal, I'd think your money would probably be better spent on a nice American P or J bass. If you're looking for something for your own personal use to create a signature tone, it would probably be ideal for that. I'm betting that bass has a lot of punch. Though I suspect it, like a Rickenbacker, isn't for everyone.

The thing about Tele style P-basses is that they sound muddy, but not in a bad way. Theres no grind to speak of or high end sparkle. Just a loud, thumpy bass. Which is what a lot of classic rock and reggae players want.

I would say a regular P-Bass is what you would want. If you get a Made In Mexico model it would be well advised to switch the pickup out. Maybe a DiMarzio or a US Fender pickup. A US P-Bass would be perfect from the word go. But hell, why even go Fender, really? Just get a Jay Turser P-Bass, throw in new pickups, rewire it, and call it a day. Thats what I would do and I LOVE Fenders!

Are the Jay Turser P-Bass's good quality as long as I swap out the pu's etc?? Conspiracybass which model?

You'd want this model:

http://www.musiclandcentral.com/jaytujtrofrp.html

Great company to deal with and all the guitars have free shipping! They even sell DiMarzio pickups there too.

I own a Strat from Jay Turser and its incredible (especially for $109!). Great fret job, pickguard was cut perfect and the neck sits in the pocket nice and tight. I can only imagine there basses reflect this as well. As a matter a fact I plan on ordering a transparent blue P-Bass whenever I get my credit card paid off.

So yeah, $159 bucks. They even have a 15 day return policy.