Festival of Beer

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Time again for Toronto's annual Festival of Beer...three days, 150 brands to sample, not to mention other beer-themed foods (the beer ice cream is suprisingly good despite how it sounds). Alas, this may be my last year attending since I'll likely be moving to Edmonton before next summer, so I shall attempt to make the most of it this weekend... :cool:

Well that was a blast yesterday. Great weather for drinking lots of beer. I even got my picture taken with a couple of the beer.com girls :headbang:

For any Rickards drinkers out there, they debuted a new honey brown at the festival...pretty good, although not as good as their red beer.

And I have to put in a plug for the "Cool Brewing Company". I don't know where you can even buy their beer, I've never seen it in the beer store here, but at the beer festival they were filling the 5 ounce glasses for half of what everyone else was (one ticket instead of two, or 50 cents Canadian). Sweet!

I just found this in an old email stuck in a folder that I forgot about, but I have a feeling people around here will appreciate it:

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
(I will be drunk),
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill it on us.
And lead us not to incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer, the bitter and the lager,