OT: 250+ bottles of beer on the wall

mrthrax said:
does price come into your equations?
No. We thought about having a "bang for your buck" category, but opted to rate solely on the beer in front of us.

The worst beer we've tried so far has been far and away Ed's Original Cave Creek Chili Beer, with a chili pepper in every bottle, with an average rating of 0.24/10 (the next worst being Big Bear at 2.00/10). The only time I would EVER recommend the chili beer is if your worst enemy loses a bet.

nafnikufesin said:
No. We thought about having a "bang for your buck" category, but opted to rate solely on the beer in front of us.

The worst beer we've tried so far has been far and away Ed's Original Cave Creek Chili Beer, with a chili pepper in every bottle, with an average rating of 0.24/10 (the next worst being Big Bear at 2.00/10). The only time I would EVER recommend the chili beer is if your worst enemy loses a bet.

That would be on top of my worst beer's list also:puke: The last time I drank that stuff was years ago and I ended up getting so wasted that I was puking in technicolor and then passed out in my parents hallway. You can imagine how proud my parents were...Haven't drank Big Bear since

The_Void said:
Out of curiosity where do you have Alexander Keith's listed? as it is my favorite beer that you can get on Mainland Canada.
Alexander Keith's IPA is 101st on our list with an average rating of 5.52. I was drinking it the other night at the Motorhead concert, and I may have to revise my drinkability score on it, as it was going down pretty smooth.

And DD, our ratings are all done on an Excel spreadsheet, with one of the columns being the style of beer, so it can be sorted by style, country, date rated, alphabetical, brewery, or any other column we've got.

reidie said:
on the flip side whats the worst beer you have rated?

And i challenge you to drink Emu Export, its a West Australian beer. I'd personally rather drink my own urine than drink "domestic violence in a can". Try to get ur hands on some! You'll regret it!!

lol i have heard a very funny story about that beer,a mate of mine got stuck into the emo export one night,he reckons he could see meteors coming thru the roof lol,he said he was totally smahed after a night on it.

mrthrax said:
lol i have heard a very funny story about that beer,a mate of mine got stuck into the emo export one night,he reckons he could see meteors coming thru the roof lol,he said he was totally smahed after a night on it.

Havent heard anything about meteors, but alot of my mates get edgy and agressive after drinking "the red death". Goes down about as smooth as rasor blades

nafnikufesin said:
Alexander Keith's IPA is 101st on our list with an average rating of 5.52. I was drinking it the other night at the Motorhead concert, and I may have to revise my drinkability score on it, as it was going down pretty smooth.

And DD, our ratings are all done on an Excel spreadsheet, with one of the columns being the style of beer, so it can be sorted by style, country, date rated, alphabetical, brewery, or any other column we've got.
At your rate of drinking you may need to convert your spreadsheet to an Access d-base. Sounds too much like work to me. :lol:

Seriously that's cool. You should compile a post a quarterly report for us beer drinkers. :D

DarbysDad said:
At your rate of drinking you may need to convert your spreadsheet to an Access d-base. Sounds too much like work to me. :lol:
Yeah, but beer drinking is FUN work :D

Seriously that's cool. You should compile a post a quarterly report for us beer drinkers. :D
I post weekly updates at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mmmmbeer/ with the new beers added and a brief summary of our collective impressions. Check it out if you're interested

3 more beers added tonight. The best of the bunch: Brava, the best Mexican beer I have tasted to date, rating 6.18/10 and in our top 40. For once, a Mexican beer that you don't have to add a lemon or lime to to hide the piss flavor :D

5 more beers added tonight. For the Aussies on the board here, we tried 2 Aussie beers including Little Creatures Pale Ale, which was unanimously well-received, and currently ranks 2nd out of 259 beers with an average rating of 7.34/10. Pretty tasty stuff.

The other Australian beer, James Squire Original Amber Ale, didn't fare nearly as well, rating 4.93/10 and 160th place.

nafnikufesin said:
5 more beers added tonight. For the Aussies on the board here, we tried 2 Aussie beers including Little Creatures Pale Ale, which was unanimously well-received, and currently ranks 2nd out of 259 beers with an average rating of 7.34/10. Pretty tasty stuff.

The other Australian beer, James Squire Original Amber Ale, didn't fare nearly as well, rating 4.93/10 and 160th place.

Ah, little creatures, a local brew for me, not bad but taistes a little too fruity for my liking. The james squire isnt too bad beer either.

Another west aussie brewery in the same catogry as LC is matilda bay, if you liked the LC pale ale try Dogbolter,, bohemian pilsiner and Redback (all MB beers) :headbang:

You should try an english beer called hobgoblin. its so thick its almost soup! Its by the whychwood (sp?) brewery and they produce some damn fine beers! And most of em are named after fantasy figures!

stomp224 said:
You should try an english beer called hobgoblin. its so thick its almost soup! Its by the whychwood (sp?) brewery and they produce some damn fine beers! And most of em are named after fantasy figures!
We've done two from that brewery...very cool bottles

Black Wych Stout 5.57/10 (96th out of 259 beers)
Hobgoblin Red Ale 4.76/10 (183rd)