OT: 300 beers and counting...

nafnikufesin said:
None taken, trust me, I get much worse from some of my buddies that think Budweiser is a great beer :p

The microbrew and brew pub scene isn't great in Edmonton (or Alberta for that matter), but we do have a couple, and another one just opened up (we're rating a lager from it next week). Some of my favorite breweries are close enough, including Grandville Island and Shaftebury from BC, Yukon Brewing Company from (where else?) the Yukon, and Unibroue from Quebec (at least until it was taken over by Sleeman's...I'm not sure how that will effect quality)

Maybe I missed it, but what is your personal favorite beer? And thanks for link.:worship:

Probably. But it goes well with Mexican food.
I can't believe NFF rated it as the worst out of 300 beers.

It's better than Boddingtons if you ask me. Boddington's is WAY too sweet.
I guess NFF and myself just have different tastes. So I'll have to check out his least favorites and buy those beers.

Drokk probably has a point to freshness, especially when it comes to Chili Pepper beers. If it has been recently bottled, or the chili pepper just put in, it might still resemble a beer. But if it has to travel to Canada and sit on a store shelf for God knows how long, the whole while letting the chili pepper marinate, it's fucking disgusting stuff. But I've had a fresh brewed chili beer from a Saskatchewan brew pub, and while it was many times better, it still rates very low, and was undrinkable past the novelty of the first couple sips. I like drinking beer with spicy food, I just don't think my beer should be a spicy food. But like I said before, Thra:rofl:ude, this list isn't what's meant to be "right", it's all a matter of opinion. But as a friend, Tad, be very wary of checking out the least favorites...you may like chili beer, but St. Peter's Lemon and Ginger, Madison's Grand Marnier beer, and Olde Deuteronony Barley wine are only beers that you would wish on people you don't like. Hey, where's among_the_dead? :lol:

And lovehunter, my personal favorite is Boddington's (of the six people in our "club" that have rated it, 3 have rated it as their top beer, while the others have it in their top 5). I rated it a 7.85/10, with its average rating 7.68 (ranging from a low of 6.875 to a high of 8.575), so assuming a perfect 10 is possible, I'm on a mission to find better beers. But in the meantime, it has the perfect looks of a Guiness (only lighter), a smooth and creamy texture, slightly sweet but refreshing taste, and you can drink it all night long (well, I can, maybe not Tad), so I'll drink it whenever its an option.