Festivals 2012

Hellfest 2012

As They Burn - black dudes from France do deathcore. badass.

Emmure - deathcore with nu-metal influences. pretty heavy and groovy.

Death Angel - true thrash metal. soooo fucking good. 3/5 are my brothers from another mother!

Sacred Reich - okay
crowd
mummy

Vomitory - alright but gets monotonous after awhile.

Aborted - brutal as hell. holy shit! one of my favorites.

Within Temptation - i was huge fan when i was younger and it was nice to finally see them live. i sang along unashamedly lol.

Machine Head - awesome fucking show. their songs really pump up the crowd.

"IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ALIIIIVE!!!"
burning cross
Behemoth - i saw them 2 years ago on the big stage and now they were on a side stage and it was so much more intense. they had pyrodynamics, burning crosses, and no-hair Nergal had a real evil presence.

Hour of Penance - young italian dudes do blackened death metal and it was so fucking great i bought their cd.

All Shall Perish - good show but they didnt play some songs i wanted to hear. so much dust from the circle pit/wall of death.

Blood Red Throne - awesome band! perfect balance of brutality, speed and groove in death metal. and the vocalist was drunk and funny as hell.

Hatebreed - meh
girl bra 1
girl bra 2

Anaal Nathrakh - this was the most intense and apocalyptic black metal i have ever heard in my life. the vocalist is fucking insane. should check out their discography.

Dying Fetus - i was expecting them to be brutal as fuck and they were exactly that!

Devildriver - surprisingly good. crowd-friendly songs that are sufficiently heavy.

Trivium - they put on a cool show though Matt is kinda cheesy lol.

Ihsahn - he's got this atmospheric and proggy thing going on, together with death backup vocals, clean backup vocals, his own clean vocals, and his signature "shouting black metal" vocals. very nice.

Suffocation - second time seeing them and they are incredible as ever! lol Frank and his funny song introductions.

at this point my battery died so was unable to take more pics. fffuuuuu...

Arcturus - atmospheric and proggy as well. his voice is just beautiful. he does occasional black metal vocals too.

Children of Bodom - extremely entertaining show, quite impressive.

Dimmu Borgir - i was really looking forward to them, screaming like a fanboy. opened with Mourning Palace and went on with Vredesbyrd, Kings of the Carnival Creation, 3 songs from the new record and a couple more that escape me at the moment. i went fucking nuts as i sang along to "hatred, darkness and despair" into chugging riff of Serpentine Offering. they finished with Progenies of the Great Apocalypse, and Shagrath fucked up the lyrics a little but nobody gave a fuck. awesome end to an awesome festival.

Getaway was awesome! Better than last year!

Anathema, Ghost and Meshuggah was just amazing. Also great to hear that Anathema will be back in Sweden in September, yay! See you there Stefan (and Jocke?)! :)
Devin Townsend, Satyricon was really good. Amon Amarth, Engel and Weedeater was ok.
Dying Fetus was fun, my friend was in the moshpit the whole gig and I was drunk as hell and apparently had to join in now and then, like a fucking kid, funny shit. :lol:

The bad stuff:

The Behemoth gig got kinda fucked up... When we got to the stage Erik from Watain suddenly jumps my friend from behind and start janking his hoodie like crazy, then he tears my friends glasses and throwns them into the crowd, my pal is fucking blind without them, Eriks friend, I think it was the guitarist from Watain jumps in like Eriks fucking bodyguard and raises his fist ready to throw a punch, he just stands there though so nothing happens, and if that wasnt enough Erik steps back and grabs rocks and gravel from the ground and throws at us, wtf?
I guess Erik though my friend was a poser or got offended 'cause he had an upside down cross taped with duct tape on the back of his leatherjacket. Religion :rolleyes:
The gig was ok, sound was not that good tho. Nergal put his mask on the last track, brootal.

Killing Joke had to cancel and so did Cult Of Luna who was supposed to close the festival, a real bummer. :/

Camp was awesome this year, met alot of cool people, damnit you should have been there with us Jocke! :)

Yeah he is and was ok, Erik isnt exactly a musclepackage :lol: And I found his glasses so all is good.
Me on the other hand, who loves Watains music is kinda bummed about it, fucking cheap tricks.

Thats great, see ya there then!