Few problems when bouncing stereo .wav to fg-x

Another thread about something I was unsure how to word properly, so I apologize if it's been covered.

What I've been doing is mixing with a compressor (t-racks single, ect) and the Cubase Maximizer plugin on the 2-bus and when I finish the mix, disable those and bounce the stereo file into another session and drop fg-x on it.

What I've been having a hard time doing is getting the vocals and guitars to be at the right level once I render a final mastered .mp3 and such. It's odd because I have everything at the right levels with the plugs before- but when I do this it causes things to come up or down a little too much after it's been rendered. I go back and forth from stereo to mono doing minor/major eq cuts to get things to fit and it works, but the final step throws me off. Fg-x is nice but it uses wayyy too much time on my asio meter in a full session to just work with the whole time. I'm bummed and not too sure what to do.

Another question that is slightly related is that I've been wondering what mixes are appropriate for bass dominated lowend or kick dominated low end. I feel there must be another approach to this besides side-chain compression to get this to fit for slower music. Does anyone have any good examples of bass dominant mixes for rock/metal? Or does that also always lead to problems?

I ask this because I'm finishing a metal mix where all this is happening with a gross peak at 80hz- I feel like I'm fucking up terribly with subtractive cuts all over the place and automation and the stereo bounce is just adding to the difficulty.

Thanks

Maybe try bouncing your mix with your compressor on and then use FGX on that? If you've done your whole mix through a compressor then removing it before bouncing will really fuck up your levels.

Why don't you print the effects so you can remove all the plug-ins from the individual tracks and then bring up FG-X and still have the option of adjusting volume if needed. This could also be done if you want to just mix with FG-X on. Commit something you feel comfortable with when you run out of CPU power.