few questions

Metal is Religion

Anti-Christ
Jun 8, 2002
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Visit site
alright. my band doesnt really have a singer, so i might give it a try. im not gonna ask how because thats all over this site. i also play guitar. i would like to know some songs that are good to practice and play at the same time. another thing, i played a 7 string Ibanez today. i seem to have fallen in love with it. Should i try to get a 7 string or is it a waste? thats all, thanks in advance

Before I start rambling... what type of music do you play and are you rhythm or lead guitar? Also, how much attention do you have to pay to your guitarwork (is it fairly effortless to play?)

You don't necessarily need a 7 string guitar. You can just drop the heavier scale strings on your 6 string. You lose the high E string, but at least you can play around with the lower tones to see if you actually do want to purchase a 7 string or not. That way you don't go out and buy a 7 string to find out later that you really don't like it. Cuz selling these things can be a bitch. Every wannabe nu-metal teenager bought one a few years ago and there are tons of them for sale right now for a fraction of the price.

BTW, one of my guitars currently has the heavier scale on it. I've come to the conclusion that I won't buy a 7, but I can still record with this and drop a solo over the top with my other guitar.

Also, playing and singing I suck at so I can't comment.

FrostGiant said:
Every wannabe nu-metal teenager bought one a few years ago and there are tons of them for sale right now for a fraction of the price.
really? at my local store there is one 7 string used, and it is one of those old petrucci models from the awake era, with the neon green pickups.