Ibanez RG7420 and EMG 707 questions

Originally posted by bloodswords
once again, the tone zone 7 isn't what you hear from the regular tone zone... :cool:

but if you want a mid-range intensive pickup because you don't chug low end notes that often, then Duncan's JB-7 is worth checking out.

How would you describe the low end on the tone zone? Can you compare it to some other pickups in terms of character? That'd be cool :)

Cheers,

James

surprisingly, there's more mids in there, nothing too overpowering like the Duncan JB. there's a good blend of the lows & the mids to give that smooth dimarzio signature but it won't mud out the low-end. the usual offerings of harmonics is still in-tact.

check out these 2 Ibanez guitars with the tone zone in them:
*RG 3120 (argh!! i can't stand the tone zone in this one)
*Paul Gilbert's signature 10th anniversary model (the one with 25 frets in it) :eek:

the TZ7 sounds like the Paul Gilbert's- crisp when you want it to be, growly on other occassions. heck, i even like the tone zone in the neck position of this Paul Gilbert model. they somehow sound so right, in there.

hope this helps...

ok, new question... If I should need to route the body to put EMG 707s into my RG1527, would I still be able to change the pick ups should i wanna replace the EMGs?

the new cavity would be a little bigger for other non-EMG units. so something to think about for you should you wanna revert to your original stock humbuckers or other replacements fo that matter... other people i know give the whole guitar up altogether (with the EMGs in tact) :p