FIAKRA (USA) signs a worldwide Deal with PURE UNDERGROUND RECORDS / PURE STEEL RECORD

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
The US-Metallians FIAKRA (former knows as HEXEN) have made a war pact with us and the thundering debut album "invasion" will conquer the planet in June/July 2012. This is the stuff - underground fans dreams will come true - rough, basic, fresh and wild! That's a cool thing!

Forged in the year 2000, originally under the name Hexen, Fiakra has battled it’s way across the underground metal scene, finally really to unleash their second album titled “Invasion” upon the world! Originally formed by Kenneth Burdge (aka The Warlord) with high school friend’s John Catalano, Scott Gregory (r.i.p.) and Eric Silsby on bass, rhythm guitar, and drums respectively.

The band states: "Fiakra are proud to be working with Pure Steel Records, we are overjoyed so far at the help and support we've received from the label, and can't wait to unleash our own molten brand of pagan power metal upon the unsuspecting world. Like a band of dark ages warlords riding harley's made of human bones....we shall conquer all in our path and destroy all who oppose!"

After Several lineup changes, most notably the addition of drummer Greg “Dirty Dan” Guarini, the band released a demo in 2005, their first e.p. in 2006, and finally their first full length album “Dark Crucible” in 2008. During the recording, guitarist Andy “Wulfhere” Scherman, and bassist Matt Wheeler were added to the lineup. At this point the band reached a point where a name change was necessary to avoid confusion with California based thrashers Hexen. The name Fiakra was chosen, an alternate spelling of the Irish-gaelic word Fiachra (meaning raven). The band added keyboardist James “six-nails” Hogan, and that brings us to the present.

After signing a record deal with German label Pure Steel Records, the band have forged a masterpiece of epic, folk-inspired power metal. “Invasion” is 13 tracks of pure, unadulterated old-school heavy fucking metal, taking traits from power, folk, thrash, hard rock, as well as hints of death/black metal.

height:286

LINE-UP:

lead vocals, guitar - The Warlord
guitar, backing vocals - Wulfere - The Skull Splitter
bass - Wheeler
drums - Blackboots
keys - Six-Nails

FIAKRA @ PURE UNDEGROUND RECORDS

FIAKRA - "Invasion" - Cover artwork, Tracklist, Release date: July 20, 2012

height:406

The release date of the debut album "Invasion" by FIAKRA (formerly known as HEXEN) is the 20th of July 2012.

At the beginning of the new millennium FIAKRA were founded under the banner of Hexen. After a demo and an EP they finally released a studio-album called “Dark Crucible“ in 2008. After that the US-band changed their name to FIAKRA. Now they are about to release their debut-album „Invasion“.

On this album you can hear about one hour of melodic, catchy Heavy/Power Metal, which is obviously influenced by bands of the 80’s combined with few - but not too dominant - keyboards. The powerful, raw voice of front man Kenny „Warlord“ Burdge, who is also capable of some great high-pitched vocals, can be compared to early US Metal-cultbands. The compact production of these 12 tracks spread a high underground flair without sounding too „trashy” and song-titles like e. g. „Give Me Metal Or Give Me Death“ or „Iron Hooves“ show their True Metal-attitude without any doubt. But there are also a little strange influences like in the rocker „Surpressing The Rage“, which also features some Hammond-organ. Every song – no matter if the midtempo-track „Raging Inferno“ with its keyboards or impulsive tracks like „5.0“ or „Time Is My Enemy“ – is simply-structured and direct (An exception is the acoustic track „Knee Deep In The Dead“)!

People who like Metal with all clichés will be happy about this „Invasion“.

Track list

1 Invasion
2 Give Me metal, Or Give Me Death
3 Time Is My Enemy
4 Guardian Of Ice
5 Live To Ride, Ride To Live
6 Iron Hooves
7 5.0
8 Suppressing The Rage
9 The Ballad Of Brian Boru
10 Knee Deep In The Dead
11 Faith In Hell
12 Raging Inferno

total play time: 57:40

FIAKRA @ PURE UNDERGROUND RECORDS

FIAKRA - INVASION Pre-order Phase Has Started

height:507

"Invasion" - the debut album of the US band FIAKRA (formerly HEXEN) is now available in our webshop. The preorder phase has started. Save 1 EURO during the preorder time!

"Who says classic metal is dead in America? This year we've had more than a few albums from American bands offering traditional metal. Here's Invasion from New Jersey's Fiakra...*
Fiakra's sound is familiar, and rings true to classic Eighties melodic heavy and power metal. There's galloping tempos, big guitar solos, and true metal vocals, no dirty or death vocals here. Themes of war, fantasy, sword and sorcery fill their lyrics. Iron Hooves, Raging Inferno, The Ballad of Brian Boru, and Knee Deep in the Dead are just a few samples. You might hear echoes of Maiden in the lengthier numbers Guardian of Ice or Faith in Hell. Some more folk influences arrive in the brief Suppressing the Rage. Of course, what's traditional heavy metal without odes to the very same. Give Me Metal or Give Me Death offers you a spin of pure studs and leather indulgence. Add the fact that the band often performs in the very costumes in the photo above, including the man skirt (it's a kilt), and you can't help love the nostalgia and theater, along with the music. And, frankly, Fiakra's classic heavy metal is pretty darn good. They get it. Recommended."*
Craig Hartranft (Dangerdog.com) 4/5 points

FIAKRA - INVASION @ PURE STEEL SHOP