figure it out 5! a short one...

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Here's one piece of trivia I read and have always loved since reading it...I think I told SWINE about it but I dunno if anyone else will get it...but here goes.....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day while Motley Crue was just becoming huge in LA and on the verge of international superstardom they played a show one night at the Whisky. A young man from another up and coming band was drinking in the parking lot with his bandmates but was not about to go in and check out the show. When Motley finished their show this young ne'er do well went around back to wait for the band to come out so he could harass and taunt them. When NIKKI SIXX came out, this young guy starts yelling at him, finally flicking a lit cigarette on him and starting a fight. TO THIS DAY Nikki has had nothing nice to say about these guys and looks for any chance he can to trash them....DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHO THREW THE LIT CIGARETTE ON SIXX?!??!

It's a true story, too...I swear...I just can't remember where I read it...I don't think it was "The Dirt" but it's legit.

The ironic part is that the guy that did this is now accused by many of his fans of being a major sellout and weakass........

a hint?

nah....I've said too much already!!
Ted

baldyboy said:
not axl rose by any chance?
cant see it being metallica greeno-the crue covered creeping death quite a lot-sixx wouldnt play it if they had done that to him.

Wow, Crue covered Creeping Death?!!!!!!! I seem to recall alot of the hair/glam bands being negative towards the thrash sound in the mid to late 80's. Hearing that Crue played Creeping Death is wild!

I don't think it would be Axl because Ted said that it was early on when Crue was just starting to take over LA. I don't think it would be Axl because he didn't hit LA until the mid 80's.

good point about the date greeno,didnt think too hard about that one.
the crue played creeping death at donnington if i remember rightly.i'm sure they used to play it live.lee,my drummer,and possibly the biggest crue fan on the planet,will know.i'll ask him tomorrow.

baldyboy said:
its amazing how seeing hawk answer a question makes you wonder about your own answer.dammit man,you know too much,its scary.
Its not so hard. I have met that anoying fucker! Almost kicked his lardy tard ass! :yuk:

The above description fits him like a glove.

Might as well do Figure it out #6 off this thread then...
1.) Cozy Powell(R.I.P) played with various bands throughout the years, can you name
at least four of them?
2.) Which member(s) of the '87-'90 era of Whitesnake never actually recorded a lick with the band?!
3.) Tommy Aldrige played with what artists/bands from '81-present time?!
This could be a long list my friends....
4.) Who told a Japanese "official" when arrested while trashing a club in a drunken
stooper, "If my balls where on your chin, where would my dick be?!"
Name the man & on what tour this occured....
5.) What do the breakups of House of Lords & the "Original" Motley have in common?
6.) What does Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep do for a living?!
7.) Who were the two presenters at the Grammy Awards that presented Jethro Tull with their grammy the night they upsetted the once might Metallica?!
8.) The Band Velvet Revolver features members from what 4-5 bands?!
9.) Just how many fucking times have Tommy Lee & Pammy been married?!
10.) How many fucking KISS compilations exist?! And answer this one... Why?!
I will not take Gene Needs the money as an answer...
11.) What ever happened to Buckcherry?!
12.) What band claims that Beavis & Butthead ruined their career?!
13.) What Black N Blue was written by Jonathan Cain & what bands has he been a part of?!
That should do it for now...

tedvanfrehley said:
believe it or not it was the mighty HETFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeno and Hawk, good job...close

baldy..never heard the crue do creeping death! I gotta find that!

Peace!@
Damn! and I was so sure, I thought :)

Greeno said:
Wow, Crue covered Creeping Death?!!!!!!! I seem to recall alot of the hair/glam bands being negative towards the thrash sound in the mid to late 80's. Hearing that Crue played Creeping Death is wild!

I don't think it would be Axl because Ted said that it was early on when Crue was just starting to take over LA. I don't think it would be Axl because he didn't hit LA until the mid 80's.

I guarantee you if Crue covered Creeping Death that Nikki Sixx wasn't playing the bassline...Crue is an extremely important band...mayeb THE MOST important band of their genre...but Nikki couldn't really play bass at all...he's said so himself...

JB

tedvanfrehley said:
believe it or not it was the mighty HETFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeno and Hawk, good job...close

baldy..never heard the crue do creeping death! I gotta find that!

Peace!@

Wow - I would have thought it was someone like Axl...Motley Crue and the LA Glam scene is actually one of the biggest reasons that Metallica moved from LA to San Francisco...that was also one of Cliff Burton's requirements to join Metallica as well.

Oh well...another Metal battle that I didn't know about. Shit - they both have a lot in common in that they both had major substance abuse issues...they should get over it and move on...

JB

USMC0341 said:
I guarantee you if Crue covered Creeping Death that Nikki Sixx wasn't playing the bassline...Crue is an extremely important band...mayeb THE MOST important band of their genre...but Nikki couldn't really play bass at all...he's said so himself...

JB

I might be the only Person on EARTH that thinks he is a Ligitamently good Bass Player hahaha He made me want to Play bass ..... When I think about it ... it was prolly the Fact that he didnt know how to do it that made him so good ... sometimes Having all the musical Knowledge in the world cant compare to pure Ignorance..... hahaha does that make anysense at all?

Trixxi Trash said:
I think Nikki is a great bassist. Simplicity isn't a bad thing when it works so damn well.

I completely agree...and I didn't mean to sound like I was slamming the guy. My point was that the bass line to Creeping Death isn't laid back and simple...and again, Nikki has also said so himself that he's not a very good bass player...and yes - he is living proof that simplicity is a great thing, because they made it work better than anyone.

Sorry if I offended anyone...

JB

JonnyD said:
I might be the only Person on EARTH that thinks he is a Ligitamently good Bass Player hahaha He made me want to Play bass ..... When I think about it ... it was prolly the Fact that he didnt know how to do it that made him so good ... sometimes Having all the musical Knowledge in the world cant compare to pure Ignorance..... hahaha does that make anysense at all?

He definitely excels at his thing...I won't argue that one bit...

JB

sixxswine said:
Might as well do Figure it out #6 off this thread then...
1.) Cozy Powell(R.I.P) played with various bands throughout the years, can you name
at least four of them?
2.) Which member(s) of the '87-'90 era of Whitesnake never actually recorded a lick with the band?!
3.) Tommy Aldrige played with what artists/bands from '81-present time?!
This could be a long list my friends....
4.) Who told a Japanese "official" when arrested while trashing a club in a drunken
stooper, "If my balls where on your chin, where would my dick be?!"
Name the man & on what tour this occured....
5.) What do the breakups of House of Lords & the "Original" Motley have in common?
6.) What does Ken Hensley from Uriah Heep do for a living?!
7.) Who were the two presenters at the Grammy Awards that presented Jethro Tull with their grammy the night they upsetted the once might Metallica?!
8.) The Band Velvet Revolver features members from what 4-5 bands?!
9.) Just how many fucking times have Tommy Lee & Pammy been married?!
10.) How many fucking KISS compilations exist?! And answer this one... Why?!
I will not take Gene Needs the money as an answer...
11.) What ever happened to Buckcherry?!
12.) What band claims that Beavis & Butthead ruined their career?!
13.) What Black N Blue was written by Jonathan Cain & what bands has he been a part of?!
That should do it for now...
1.) Rainbow, Black Sabbath, MSG and Jeff Beck Group
2.) Vivian Campbell and uh....who else...can't think!
8.) Stone Temple Pilots(Scott Weiland), Guns N' Roses(Matt Sorum, Duff Mc. Kagen,Slash), The Cult(Matt Sorum),Wasted Youth(Dave Kushner),Dave Navarro Band(Dave Kushner),

That's all I know off hand without too much thinking.

JonnyD said:
Whatever you do Dont be sorry! hahahahaha

That's normally a policy I follow in everything I do...but the people in UM Old School are so cool...I just wouldn't want to offend anyone (even though I really do think Nikki Sixx is a very limited bass player from a musician's point of view - regardless of how good he is at what he does - but that's just my humble opinion as a bass player)... Sixxswine and Trixxi are gonna kick my ass after that comment...

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: