films ppl should see

Mar 30, 2003
on Earth
as ashamed as i am about it (i'm too undereducated on this topic), pass me the names of films that have most impressed you lately.

I found these ones quite impressive:

Dogville (Lars Von Trier)
Lilya 4-ever (Lukas Moodysson)
Thirteen (Catherine Hardwicke)
Hero (Zhang Yimou)
Cremaster 1-5 (Matthew Barney)

Up for watching:
Lost in Translation
Good Bye Lenin
The Passion
Starsky & Hutch
Troy

> :tickled: <

thirteen is a fucken winner. it really hit me. other good movies around: 21 grams (very very weird tho) and cold mountain (yeah with nicole fucken kidman, but rennee zellweger is superb in that movie, she certainly didnt get that oscar for the sake of it.)

and im curious about troy as well... need to wait until may.. fuck :( and kill bill 2 of course :hotjump:

deffo watch lost in translation tools - very impressive and very subtle film, its always nice to watch one of her films, virgin suicides was very impressive too.
id suggest brief encounter {david lean} and plunkett and mcleane {jake scott}
just what i have been watching (again) recently.

ooooo and the spanish film about my mother, exceptionally good......um and apparently the original version of solaris is fantastic, although i found teh hollywood version to be nontoobad...
oo and another O brother where art thou < AMAZING film, rehash of Homer's Odessy (sp?) it is fantastic a must see film.....plus you wont want to stop singing a song called man of constant sorrow :lol: its class

it's about genetically enhancing people at birth and what might happen to society, especially the "inferior" people of normal birth. GATTACA is the firm where the protagonists work.
makes you think, that one.
with uma thurman and ethan hawke.

gattaca was a very interesting concept ill admitt but it could have been handled ina better way. lock stock is class as is snatch, but im sure tools already saw those, donnie darko is one of those buzz words lately. everyones all 'watch donnie darko' but although i found it a bit puzzling / interesting at first, i think its a plot to make $ off head fuck. its like theres a fundamental flaw in the plot, so you can never fully understand it.....even the site doesnt help that much www.donniedarko.com although the flash is fucking excellent.

Well, seems like Donnie Darko is pretty well known then over there. I know no Belgians at all that have ever heard of it, so I doubt the $ thing... I always recommend it when someone asks for good movies. And there's no flaw in the story... After watching it 2 times I understood every bit of it, although my head ached of thinking too much :)
I forgot it again anyway :) It's been a while since I last saw it.

the film i could think about now are:
idiots.jpg

y_tambien.jpg

pianist.jpg

dancer_dark.jpg

Mariner said:
cold mountain (yeah with nicole fucken kidman, but rennee zellweger is superb in that movie, she certainly didnt get that oscar for the sake of it.)

i've never been druk in cinema but this movie. damn that was funny. i don't know if i'd like it so much otherwise. i didn't cry.

i saw mystic river this weekend, i liked it. not brilliant, but alright. murders! mystery! tattoo mafia! and a mystic river :cool:

visitor q (director: Takeshi miike, creator of Audition or Ichi the killer)
visitor_q.jpg

dolls (director: takeshi Kitano)
DOLLS.jpg

...all the asian movies are great :Spam:

oh yeah this one is fucken hilarious, everyone should see this one for the sake of rock n roll. its a teenager movie but very very entertaining!

we roll tonight to the guitar bite :headbang:

schoolofrock2.jpg

and next year theres gonna be a new batman :hotjump: