Final Bands Confirmed:

Angra's Temple of Shadows is possibly the best power metal album of the last 5 years. :kickass:

I've never heard any Conception....suppose I better now!

lady_space said:
I know this may kill my tough gal image, but I almost started to cry when Mike called to tell me the news. Conception. Wow. Glenn, if you ever need a kidney...

Shaye

Shaye baby, I think we have to do a duet again ala the first time we saw Kamelot !!!

This band announcement makes my festival !!

Britt

lucretia96 said:
What is so great about Conception?
Conception rules! People have been lobbying for a Conception reunion for years and most never thought that they'd really see it...I'm fuckin' stoked beyond words.
lucretia96 said:
I never even heard of them before, Kamelot sounds better, not that Conception sound bad,
Kamelot and Conception have different sounds...its apples & oranges. Who sounds better is purely subjective. I happen to like both.

lucretia96 said:
...but am I supposed to be really excited about them?
No, but I think it safe to say most people on this board are thrilled.

Everytime I see your name I can't help but think of the Sisters of Mercy song of the same name, Lucretia My Reflection...great song by the way.

I'm glad to see Angra as their latest release is amazing.

Conception - I've heard them mentioned before on PP - but never heard them myself. Might be hard for those of us to get into them (of those of us who don't know them) since their CD's are so high in price from the immediate places I checked or unavailable. Even amazon.com has one of their CD's as list price ~$28. It could cost me more just to get the Conception catalogue then it will for the PP ticket. :)

Still, will be a good progpower. Not my favorite lineup for PP (3 still holds that) but a good one none the less.

Stratovarius sold me alone this year.

What can be said but WOW, Glenn has totally come through again! Prog/Power Metal's Willy Wonka! "Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted. What happened? He lived happily ever after!" :headbang:

Throughout all the speculation one of the favorites was a Conception reunion. Not only is Conception playing, but Angra is returning as well. With every announcement I wondered how it would look when all the bands were announced. Seeing all those band logos together is quite overwhelming. Progpower = THE definitive festival. cheers :D

Coldfire Mouse said:
Holy shite....Conception. OMG I just came. My poor chair will never be the same."

Glenn. Fucking. RULES!!!!!!

Second best lineup EVAR. I asked for Angra and Evergrey because I thought Conception would never be possible...Only thing better would have been to bring back Evergrey...but CONCEPTION RAAAAAAWKS!

Now, how about getting Chromeshift or Suncaged for the pre-party????

Yeah I noticed that Conception's cds are hugely expensive! That's kind of discouraging. Oh well, plenty of time to search around for a deal.

MetalAges said:
Good Lord my server couldn't handle all the excitement of CONCEPTION! Haha.

Hahahaha! Did it crash??!!!

I'm SOOOOOO fucking stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glenn, you rule.
The bitching stops HERE! :worship:

J-Dubya :headbang:

Helo - my name is Dave from Florida and I am so happy right now, I cannot express it in words. o_O o_O o_O

The lineup so far this year for me personally was 'okay', with chances of suprising goodness here and there...... I was looking at past lineups longingly and remembering being more stoked........

Well, funny how ONE single band can change all that.
Glenn, I have no words - I can say you rule - I can say you are the Man - I can say you kick major ass. And you do - all of it.

But you did it - YOU FUCKING DID IT. You got back together a band I have been absolutely PSYCHO for for 5 or 6 years - and I get the absolute privledge of seeing them live.

CONCEPTION.
Live.
In the second to last slot friday night.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Just thinking about the possibilites makes me sticky in the pants:

Roll The Fire - live. Under A Morning Star - live. Cardinal Sin - live. Flow - live. Missionary Man - live. Carnal Comprehension, Parallel Minds, The Promiser, Building a Force, Among The Gods.......... I'm already numb with excitement....

Guess what? My NEIGHBORS in my apartment complex know some band called Conception is playing something called prog power - because when I opened up the site on my PC, read the name and THEN it actually processed (which literally took about 6 full seconds after seeing the band name logo), I do believe I shouted it quite loudly..... 'Holy shit fucking Conception'......

Glenn - thank you my man. You have made my musical year.

Questions I gotta ask:
-will the guys be at the preparty???
-will they have MERCH?!?!?!!? I have been dying for a Concption shirt for years - if they come with five different ones, I will walk outta there with five shirts....
-and I know this is pushing things but hell, Andy Franck has TWO bands - any chance of them doing a new studio album??....

All I know is that now this is the best ProgPower ever!!! Nothing will ever top Orphaned Land, Conception and Angra in a row for me... In the same day!!!!

Not that I don't like any of the other bands, but those three deserve a tour by themselves... I would seriously follow it, to every single fucking city...

Angra is my favorite band EVER, no band will become bigger than they are for me up until I die... It's amazing to be able to see them again in the US... I'll SOOO be there... By the way... are they exclusive for PP or are they touring as well? I suppose they might support Stratovarius...

Now Conception... What a band... It can't get much better than that... That's another HUGE thing for me and lots of others.... A dream coming true almost... I'm just as stoked as Glenn to see these guys performing live...

Once again, GLENN YOU FUCKING RULE! Congratulations for bringing another fucking awesome festival!

HAhahha! I KNEW IT! I was swearing up and down that this was gonna be a Conception reunion for over a month now. Hell, I even guessed Angra would come back in my mind because theyd be a perfect "oh shit a band backed out lemme get another high caliber act that would say yes without even thinking twice".

Well, all I can say is hells yea.

Ben