final cut

eduard

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2003
Could it be AND is Anathema's final cut? I was reflecting on a couple of similarities between Floyd's last record and Anathema's latest release: almost a solo project, slightly disappointing (although not everyone will agree on that i'm sure) in perspective of what's gone before (i reckon Anathema's albums from A4 to AFDTE is in the same class as Floyd's run from Dark side to the Wall), very dark stuff.

What a (relative)tragedy if this would be Anathema's last one as well.

Strangelight said:
The Final Cut is immense like

i expected this reply, know you like that one. could it have been better if gilmour had participated more (guess you don't think so) and in Anathema's case if the other guys had more input? This is irrelevant in a way as the album is finished of course, but still wondering..

eduard said:
i expected this reply, know you like that one. could it have been better if gilmour had participated more (guess you don't think so) and in Anathema's case if the other guys had more input? This is irrelevant in a way as the album is finished of course, but still wondering..
No, it would have been far better without Gilmours half-arsed participation.

Strangelight said:
No, it would have been far better without Gilmours half-arsed participation.

Not now John is in my computer right now, i really like the gilmour vocals the combination Waters/Gilmour did the trick imo, but i think we disagree on this. iam sure Amused to death could have been a classic as well, if only...

By the way, if you're interested in the lyrical side (of course you are) you should pick up Neil Postman's 'Amusing ourselves to death', if you haven't done already.

eduard said:
Not now John is in my computer right now, i really like the gilmour vocals the combination Waters/Gilmour did the trick imo, but i think we disagree on this. iam sure Amused to death could have been a classic as well, if only...

By the way, if you're interested in the lyrical side (of course you are) you should pick up Neil Postman's 'Amusing ourselves to death', if you haven't done already.
Apparently Gilmour didnt like the simplistic darker stuff that Waters did, which ironically put him in a position for idiots to idolise him. Compare Amused To Death to any of Gilmours solo stuff, or even Momentary Lapse or the Division Bell, man against boys like. I agree Gilmour has a good voice, but he seems like an ungrateful tosser who got a career on a plate courtesy of our Roger.

It wouldn't be so bad if AND is Anathema's Final Cut... at least we still have Division Bell to look forward to.

ElusiveDogcow said:
It wouldn't be so bad if AND is Anathema's Final Cut... at least we still have Division Bell to look forward to.
Ah yeah, they can get all posh producers to help them write it. And a list of highly qualified session musicians to make a really honest 'emotional' album.
Bollox to the Division Bell and all that crap.
Consumers...

what a fucking idiot bullshitting is it?!

the two albums have nothing in common. if you have no fuckin life experience -as being a puff and dont get waters stuff, then ask for a barbie doll from santa but dont pretend to be clever, junior

shit, i should find a take that forum instead of this to avoid seeing so many undoomed pussies around

Dora said:

the two albums have nothing in common. if you have no fuckin life experience -as being a puff and dont get waters stuff, then ask for a barbie doll from santa but dont pretend to be clever, junior

shit, i should find a take that forum instead of this to avoid seeing so many undoomed pussies around

thanks for your wonderful and inspiring reply.

sol83 said:
yeah, dora has a very kind manner of saying things. :lol:

Well, do whatever you want to do. if you want to take the opportunity to release some anger and frustration,go ahead, i couldn't care less, i just get very indifferent from this kind of replies, which is good, cause i should be doing something else right now, so thanks Dora girl, highly esteemed senior member, x

Dora said:

Why is it that everytime a person has a different opinion then you,you piss them off.
maybe you should get a life beside the internet or at least buy a dildo and get the frustration out of your life.