Finally a new song idea!!! X50/Lecto

I can't afford commercial stuff so I need to make and use my own sims :( :( :( (LePou won't even let me use the Lecto .. I used it against his will)

Thanks!
I used the X50 for the main guitars (100/100) and Lecto for the palm muted stuff in the beginning (75/75) .. gonna finish this song, now that I know it's acceptable :p

I used the andy sneap kick/snare samples .. with a bit post-editing ..

btw, The latest update has Cinematic Strings instead of EWQL

fuck me, I can't finish this song! I'm totally empty inside and I can't write music or do dsp-programming at all..
I barely have the motivation to flush the toilet when I'm done.. Damn I hope this will pass when I've finished the notice period (got a job on a ship again..)

I will send a picture of me naked in different poses to the person that has a tip that could help me finish it :lol:

edit: latest attempt here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1369729/MP3/onqel%20-%20Lights%20off6.mp3

cool stuff, i like the song, and this i'm gonna say comes out of my musical taste: i'd lower the synths, i think it's gonna be totally hearable even taking away a considerable ammount of gain, but of course, you might just want it like that, i like the complex feel of your music :D

Love it love it love it!!!

The part with the orchestra strings is a little loud (the strings) seems it would fit better a little lower. The solo I dig but I know you and I think you can get a little more feeling out of it. Nothing wrong at all with your solo right now but I just know you have something more epic in your fingers!! :)

widekmusic: thanks ..

reg3n: thanks for your input, still it's just a quick mix to get a better overview while I record ;) I will keep in mind your synthofobia :p hehe

jauernis: thanks Stephen, regarding my lead : my creativity and my love for creating music has been on vacation for a while, and still is.. I can still mix stuff for you if you send me something to work with though :D