Finally got to check out a new "Reborn" Triple Rectifier today....

BLUElightCory

May 24, 2007
www.coryspotts.com
....and I think I've found my next amp.

Seriously, this thing SMOKES. Mesa has retained or improved on everything I love about the Rectifier series and addressed every problem I've had with them in the past.

It's definitely the tightest/clearest sounding Recto I've heard, and the alternate voicings (vintage, raw, pushed, etc.) have been vastly improved - every voicing on every channel is useable now. Even the clean tones are possibly the best I've heard on a multi-channel head, and are miles better that the former generation of Rectos. I also liked that the Treble knob can almost act like a second gain knob when you push it; it behaves differently than Rectos I've used in the past.

On top of all that, the footswitch is better, every channel can be knocked down to 50 watts, and they've gone back to a serial effects loop.

Ahhhh that's good stuff.

Nice! I haven't tried the new ones myself, but I'm quite hesitant on them being better than a 2 Channel for me. I've heard good things, but I'm skeptical :p

Where'd you find one? I was thinking about heading up to the Tempe Guitar Center and The Music Store next week to see if they've got anything new in to check out. Was hoping one of these might be there so I can finally give it a try.

BTW - What amps did you end up using on the A Distant Calm album? I know Cory told me that you were using a Diezel, but he wasn't sure what model?

P.S. Any chance you're looking for interns/someone to setup/move around mics/whatever? :p

I'm assuming 2010 revamp. Fantastic amps, all the improvements are superb. Smoother tighter overall character on Modern mode, cleans are more lonestar-esque

Nice! I haven't tried the new ones myself, but I'm quite hesitant on them being better than a 2 Channel for me. I've heard good things, but I'm skeptical :p

Where'd you find one? I was thinking about heading up to the Tempe Guitar Center and The Music Store next week to see if they've got anything new in to check out. Was hoping one of these might be there so I can finally give it a try.

BTW - What amps did you end up using on the A Distant Calm album? I know Cory told me that you were using a Diezel, but he wasn't sure what model?

P.S. Any chance you're looking for interns/someone to setup/move around mics/whatever? :p

They had a couple at the Phoenix G.C. I'm not sure how they stack up to the early 90's Rectos, though it's pretty possible I liked it more than my buddy's rack Dual Recto (but since I couldn't do an A/B I can't be sure).

The ADC guitars were originally Dual Recs; we reamped them twice with a Diezel Einstein and a VHT Pitbull CL 100. I think the Diezel was too loose sounding so I'm pretty sure we went with the VHT tracks. I'm not currently accepting interns but you could always sign up for my Pro Tools classes at S.C.C.!

Reborn being the post 2010 models they revamped, or something even newer?

Yes, the 2010 revamps. I hadn't come across one til yesterday. Super impressive.

They had a couple at the Phoenix G.C. I'm not sure how they stack up to the early 90's Rectos, though it's pretty possible I liked it more than my buddy's rack Dual Recto (but since I couldn't do an A/B I can't be sure).

The ADC guitars were originally Dual Recs; we reamped them twice with a Diezel Einstein and a VHT Pitbull CL 100. I think the Diezel was too loose sounding so I'm pretty sure we went with the VHT tracks. I'm not currently accepting interns but you could always sign up for my Pro Tools classes at S.C.C.!

Ah, cool, he definitely didn't mention the VHTs. You don't hear many of those on recordings, awesome! I'll have to take a ride over to the Phoenix GC then if I can't find a new Recto at either of the closer shops (I'm in NE Mesa).

A friend of mine is in the music production program at SCC with you (or was, I'm not sure if he's still going to school or not, since he works a lot). I'd thought about it, it would be really cool - But I'm already going to ASU for a different major and I can't really afford tuition at two schools, especially if I have to start from super basic courses in recording at SCC. If there's no prereqs though, I'd definitely be interested!